1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prophecies

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Salty, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, thank you for posting the above link. Some good points indeed!

In my personal library I continue to hold on to Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy by J. Barton Payne. My copy of Payne's Prophecy is a bright red paperback, with glued binding, reprinted by Baker Book House in 1980. It becomes more valuable with time.

Here is a link to a short description of Payne's Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy printed on the back cover of some editions.

#2 Just_Ahead, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An excellent article but I would question his closing references -
    I have read the "Signs" details in the link, & note the author questioned his own title. The signs he considers indicate the return of our Lord in our lifetime focus on Israel & the events in the Middle East over the last 70 years.

We should be living in the light of Jesus warnings of how we live after the AD 70 destruction that did take place in the lifetime of his hearers. (Mat. 24, Mark 13, Luke 21.) While the date of his coming cannot be predicted, our concern should be to live as those who do expect such a return. In any case, we will be responsible to give an account at the end of our lives.

The UK has suffered serious flooding this Autumn. Our village hasn't made national news, but we've been cut off by flooded roads in all directions. Other parts of the world have suffered serious heat, drought, fires, storms, floods, etc. The mass migrations of desperate people indicate that countries are becoming uninhabitable often as a result of wars & political interference, but climatic conditions aggravate the problems.

So, is climate change an indication of the approach end of the present Gospel age? When God restored the earth of the flood, he told Noah -
    21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: ‘Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

22 ‘As long as the earth endures,
    seedtime and harvest, cold and heat,
    summer and winter, day and night
    will never cease.’

and he created the rainbow to remind people of his providential care & that there would be no repeat flood. Note the first clause of verse 22 - As long as the earth endures. Is the observed climate change a warning sign?

We are in a situation where the rainbow covenant sign of God's enduring providential care has been hijacked by those who utterly reject God's creation order of male &female. We are in a situation worse than that indicated by our Lord -
    35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    36 ‘But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a lot of stuff for sale on The Prophecy Watchers website.
    Anybody here going to take their Prophecy Cruise (September 2020, Alaska)?