1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prophecy and other new events

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by liafailrock, Jul 19, 2017.

1. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I like to watch the news and relate it to biblical prophecy. I figure this particular place is as good as any spot for the non-baptists to post, but lately I've gotten a hunch, one of those ominous feelings something amiss is going to happen. This is not a prophecy, and I make no claims as such, but I hope I'm wrong. However, we all get those feelings when something is "off". So I can't post in the news and current events yet because I'm not sure what is going on, but....

I get this feeling that something big will happen, or start to happen probably in less than a day from now (it is 10PM Wednesday night here where I live near the Philadelphia Pa area). It will be about 1/4 of the way around the world in the northeast direction from where I live. Seems a safe enough distance, but I'm keeping my eyes open --- earthquake? Some disaster? I don't know yet. Hopefully something rather I ate tonight. LOL

2. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In his Olivet prophecies related to the A.D. 70 destruction, Jesus explained that wars, famines, earthquakes, etc, would happen without prophetic significance.

New events are constantly occurring - the instructions to the Lord's servants are given in the final section of the prophecy - watch and pray, you don't know the time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes,and like I said, I don't consider "feelings" a prophecy and I hope to be wrong. It's just one of those ominous feelings I get. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong. I'll watch the news and see what happens. I'll keep watching Jerusalem, too, since that fits my criteria of the direction I sense.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No He didn't

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

6. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has anything happened to justify your feelings?
    Jerusalem is not NE of PA.

7. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes. I was just going to post two articles. It's funny I mentioned an earthquake because a bad one did just happen in Turkey and the Greek Island of Kos. In addition, in the last day tensions have been mounting at the temple mount. I still have this feeling so it's not all over IMO.

Turkey and Greece hit by strong earthquake: two dead and 200 injured – as it happened
    Temple Mount crisis: Police brace for violence as cabinet decides to keep metal detectors in place

And as I type this I see things are changing fast in the news (hoping the links will still work)

Actually Jerusalem is Northeast of Philadelphia. You must be thinking of a Mercator projection map, but the earth is round, not flat. If a powerful explosion would go off there and the shock wave would radiate in all directions, it would come from the northeast. A star directly over Jerusalem is low in the northeastern sky from Philadelphia area. You can think of this as the summer sun rises in the northeast, but that does not mean it's north of your latitude. In fact, the sun at most only reaches 23.5 degrees north latitude in the dead of summer, so when we see a summer rising sun in Philadelphia it's over the tropics somewhere which is actually "south" of you. But the true direction is Northeast.