1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prophesy about Florida

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by alasdair, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alasdair

alasdair New Member

This is a very urgent prophesy about Florida.

Florida looks like the head of a snake (with lake ochechobee as the eye, and Florida Keys as the tongue). It also looks like a gun.

[​IMG]

There is an island called La Palma in the Atlantic ocean. Part of it could fall into the sea and cause a Tsunami which would wipe out Florida. http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2000/mega_tsunami.shtml

Florida is one of the wealthiest places in the world. It is therefore not going to be in favour with God since 2.5 billion people live on less than $2 a day.

La Palma contains the word Palm (as in Palm Sunday - the return of Jesus to Jerusalem; or in modern terms the second coming of Jesus).

The book of Revelation talks about a large mountain being thrown into the sea at the end of time.

Please see [url deleted] for further details. People in the area need to repent.

There is a precident for this - the Indonesian tsunami was caused by an earthquake with an epicentre around the island of Sinabang (Sin a bang - this is how God communicated the purpose of the tsunami; if you sin, you get a bang).

The grace of the Lord be with you,
    Alasdair

#1 alasdair, Oct 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sounds like a "mathematical prophecy" not a message from God or a message from the Bible specifically about Fla.

And by "Mathematical" I mean "Hey wouldn't this be interesting if it was true".

In Christ,

Bob

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm...

The name "Alasdair" looks like "Alas" and "dair" put together.

It's obvious that "Alas" is an expression of sadness, and "dair" is obviously the shortened form of "dairy" -- which is where cows and calves live.

It is clear that you are mourning the destruction of the Golden Calf by Moses (see Exodus 32, especially verse 20).

:laugh: :BangHead: :tear:

#3 Baptist Believer, Oct 14, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Mathematical, alright, proving individuals with enough imagination can add two and two; come up with less than nothing; claim the result is eleven ; and actually convince themselves it is true.!

Oh- uh- Alas there- did any ever explain to you that the Malay and English languages are about as akin as Chinese and Pig Latin, in the first place? Not to mention that there is no Island of sinabang, but rather the town of Sinabang happens to be the capital of Simeule County of Indonesia? Missed that one too, huh? How about that the toll from the Tsunami was very low for being so close to Simuele, yet far higher in other areas that were much further from the epicenter? Or is this just more proof that just as paper will lie still and let one write anything, so will a computer let anyone type in anything he or she wants? Finally, how about the fact that I'm fairly sure the Peninsula of Florida long precedes any handguns? Oops! gotta run! I must have a leak in a tire, since I have been hearing a sibilant 'hissing' sound.

Ed

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Here is a prophecy about Michigan:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it looks like a mitten. The hand of God will come up through Michigan's southern border, then it will wave to the crowd. Thus saith, um, me....

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Here is a prophecy about Alabama:

[​IMG]
    As you can see, Alabama looks like Mississippi in reverse. The book of 2 Hesitations says, "And in the year of the Great Gun/Snake of Florida, yea, indeed, Alabama and Mississippi will flippeth-floppeth places and become the other."

Thus saith, um, me too...

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Are you sure that is not a catcher's mitt, and a picture of a splintered bat in mid-swing above it?? Thus saith Jim Leyland??

Ed

8. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Can't you see that flying dragon about to attack that poor rooster which is about to crow?

I haven't figured out the meaning yet. HELP!!

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I think the upper part looks like a corgi/dragon mix.

So, if Jesus is waving, perhaps it is waving bye to the not-so-great dragon?

[​IMG]

10. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Alas, dair. Methinks you are in the wrong forum. Use GOOGLE to search for "wild-eyed hallucinations".

Thanks.

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is so clearly two kitty cats facing each other.

Michigan, if divided, is Mi-chi-gan, or "my shy gun."

Put all this together and you have 2 kitties facing each other for a showdown, but they are too shy to shoot.

I wonder what people have against Floriday, mother's home state and where I went to college?

12. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

:laugh:........

13. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Alas we Floridians should give up all our money :( , and destroy part of the land mass. I am surprised it is a tsunami, normally these doom and gloom "prophets" prophecy a hurricane cause they're more likely to be right. But hey if a tsunami does come let me know so i can get out to the beach with my surf board. :smilewinkgrin:

14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no question but this OP lends itself to a lot of humor in the retorts expected.

But I think there is a more serious issue under it all - how can people be so crazy when it comes to prophecy? Was Daniel simply a "loon" whose time had come? Was John "looney" but in the right point in history to have his loonacy recorded in scripture?

OR is there a real DIFFERENCE between the 1Cor 12 gift of prophecy seen in OT and NT and especially in 1Cor 14 -- vs the kooky-nut-fringe ideas that say "hey look at Fla - do you see a prohecy in there?"

If you have ever attended a Charismatic service and heard some of the things that get passed off as "prophecy" you know what I am talking about. These guys stand up and say "stuff" that sounds to them to be "Scripture-ish" and then everyone has a good time quietly speaking in tongues as a congregational response. And every now and then a "look at the shape of Florida" style topic pops up.

There is a real gift of tongues and a counterfeit. There is a real 1cor 12 gift of prophecy and a counterfeit. But it seems that the counterfeits are far more popular than the real deal. Maybe it is because they are easier to come by.

In Christ,

Bob

#14 BobRyan, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
  15. Pete

Pete New Member

Now and then I've bought some things that seem ok at first glance, but they've turned out to be duds...

But sorry alasdair, this one I just don't buy at all ;)

16. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

They also tend to "prophesy" things that are fairly ambiguous, just like horoscopes, so people can say, "See! I knew it! That's just what brother ______ prophesied."

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

A new prophecy, yea indeed, about Nebraska.
    Look ye unto the image of Nebraska:

[​IMG]

Yea indeed, saith the Book of 2 Hesitations, that just as Nebraska appeareth as a hair brush, clogged with hair, in that day, um, much hair will, er, clog...

I'd make a lousy pentecostal. I can't even prophesy right. But I know my 50 states.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Actually, I think this prophesy is found in the 3rd chapter of 1st Opinions. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.