1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Proposed Offering for Seminaries

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by go2church, May 22, 2003.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is interesting that a lot of men came and went under the ministry of Dr. Criswell when the story was they were next in line to succeed him.

Joel Gregory proved himself to be a man with feet of clay but the probability of him telling some of the truth about the situation at FBC Dallas is pretty high.

Dr. Criswell was a great man, I'm sure, but he wasn't a perfect man.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is extremely high. I was very close to that situation (a very close friend was on staff with Gregory and Criswell during that time and I know Joel Gregory fairly well). Everything that Gregory wrote about Criswell has been verified by my friend who either witnessed the events, had reliable information inside FBC or saw circumstantial evidence related to those private moments (for instance, obvious signs of disagreement during certain periods).

Yes, Criswell did a lot of good things, but he certainly had a number of faults.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, having worked with W.A. and having seen the "integrity" of Gregory, I would land on the Criswell side of most every argument.

Character shows out. FBC-Dallas was our family church back then. Yes, W.A. had feet of clay, but was overall a very gracious gentleman . . unlike those that followed.

Not arguing the issue, just sharing my experience.

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gregory is certainly not a person of impeccable character either, but about 75% of what he wrote has been verified by my close friend who does have tremendous integrity. And for the rest, I've personally chatted with Gregory regarding the other details over the last few years. His story has remained consistent over the years.