1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prosecution—Biblical Age for the Earth

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mandym, Dec 29, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Speed of light, neutrinos who cares. We are not given how it happened only it did. Six day all was created and not billions or millions of years ago. Young creation about 6000 years old.

#41 freeatlast, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How could the Lamb be slain before the creation of him to whom would bring death for the Son of Man, the Lamb that takes away the sin of the world, if death wasn't already a concept. Just what was the darkness that was upon the face of the deep if it wasn't death, separation from God?

Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is true that general knowledge of God can be gained from nature, but not salvific knowledge. The Apostle Paul addresses the ultimate end of the your thinking above in the following Scripture. His words are clearly evident in much of the scientific community of today.

Romans 1:19-25
    19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    23. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reading this thread has been interesting. I hope more will post!

I offer two observations.

First, There seems to be the thinking that the six days could be related to the solar system timing.

No! Earth's timing for the day is the revolution of the earth from point "a" back to point "a". Not what stars, moon, or sun (as a star) is present. They don't have to be shining or even in existence for a day to pass on to another day.

It is very possible for the earth to rotate upon its axis in a 24 hour period, and that to be considered a day without regard to the rest of the "cosmos."

Second, It is obvious that "tohuw and bohuw" are not in line with the creative nature of God.

Perhaps, some catastrophe happened as a result of sin, or perhaps God allowed something to make void to ruin so that he might start over - like a big erasure wiping the board - to speculate is fun.

What is reliable is that Christ was certainly involved in the creation and that it is directly tied into salvation of the believer and the end of the world.

How all that fits together is absolutely amazing and worth the discussion this thread offers.

On a side thought, I wonder when the scientific folks will reverse themselves in thinking the earth was "fire born" rather than "water born."

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ah yes, a great example of the informed theological response we've come to know so well.

"The Bible says it...and I interpret it through my socio-cultural matrix along with abiding presuppositions...and I believe it...because of my hermeneutical and exegetical background...and that settles it."

6. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see which Icon am I supposed to use when I agree with a post.

Oh, yes, this one - I just don't know how many are appropriate to use. one, two, three, ?????

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I do believe what is written with no shame or apologies.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Now see. Aren't you glad you went to school and learned how to count? :laugh:

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this. God created all that exists in 6 days. I don't particularly agree with Bishop Usher's chronology. I suspect the earth is older than 6000 years but certainly in the 1000's range. As to how it happened: God spoke and it happened!

Hebrews 11:3
    Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

If God did not create man then He will not redeem man!

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Probably the same ones who say that we evolved from apes??

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Anything we believe, must be in accord with the Record of God, or we are believing something that is false. Now I believe that this Records proves in a literal six day creation, with God resting on the Sabbath(seventh day).

That's how I see it. :laugh: at the bolded "I"