1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Protecting the Church

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am assuming that all of us on here would agree that gay marriage is wrong and that we would not officiate at one.

How are you dealing with this in the official documents of your church? Have you amended your by laws to cover this? Are you limiting who you perform the marriage for to members of the church?

Just thought it would smart to talk about it before gay marriages are legalized in each of our states.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Very good point. The leader of the evangelical pastor's association on Long Island suggested the same thing. Since it's now legal in NY, we need to be cautious.

3. RG2

RG2 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For SBCers if in their bylaws it contains something about going by the BF&M, I know the 2000 BF&M has a section on marriage speaking specifically to marriage being a man and a woman. I think the 1963 one says it but maybe not as explicitly.