1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Protestants still follow the pope

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:

"So ... ignoring HOW the Christian church got to this point and the arguments that the RCC made for "EDITING" the Word of God - and specifically Christ's Sabbath commandment... there are other options for ignoring it "all the same"."

GE:

You confirming me; I confirming you.

". . . specifically Christ's Sabbath commandment . . . " how about specifically Christ's Sabbath commandment BY rising from the dead, AS He did BY having brought in Isreal through the Red Sea? (The Fourth Commanded post exodus). The two areas of attack through perversion cannot be isolated; it must be specifically Christ's Sabbath commandment as specifically Christ's Sabbath resurrection!

The true Sabbath is not only left out in the RCC version of the Commandment; its very New Testament grounds are removed through cunning and power of authority to "change Law and Times" (of worship).

It is the work of antichrist - to be against the 'Sabbath of Christ' necessarily will be to be against the truth of the true-to-God's-Word-Day-of-His-Rest-in-Christ.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BobRyan
    GE your argument seems to be that all Bible translations are wrong when it comes to the "Week day one" references in the Gospel -

Not sure that was a "yes".

Are you saying that all Greek Scholars are still being led by the RCC to not know about week-day-one or the Seventh-day and that we are all duped by actually believing what all the translators and linguists tell us in their review of the Gospels?

Can you really rest your entire argument on "nobody reads greek like I do"??

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let me muddy the waters a bit - for the sake of creating a bridge.

In Luke 23 all Bible translators insert punctuation into the text to make it read as their own pre-bias would have it. But ALL of them admit that punctuation IS NOT in the actual Greek text.

Therefore when I object to some choice on their part in punctuating with a comma in one spot where it should have either been left out or moved -- I at least have the Bible translators ALSO AGREEING that WHERE you put the punctuation is not always a function of the Greek language since it has NO punctuation.

But to argue that the words are wrong TOO- is going too far.

In Christ,

Bob

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

What about the first, as well as other, recent, 'Greek Scholars' who were and are led by the Reformation principle of sola scriptura? They knew about week-day-one and the Seventh-day! They were and are not all duped by actually believing what SOME translators and linguists tell us in their review of the Gospels.

Can you really rest your entire argument on those some who actually 'read Greek the way I like it read'?

I say, let us treat on specifics, word for word, construction for construction -- in 'linguistic' terms, let's talk grammar and syntax; let's listen to etimology, idiom, etc. LET US BE PRECISE! DON'T BEAT ABOUT THE BUSH, GET INTO IT!
    Then too, but only then, have another hard and clear look at history and tradition, and find out TRUTH, not presumption.
    Sunday doesn't stand a chance in infinity. The Sabbath takes away all the laurals.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

I do not say the GREEK words are wrong; I say the Greek words are 'TRANSLATED' wrongly. Fact is, I maintained throughout in my dissertations the remarkable fact that in the manuscripts not even variants can be presented in cases of the important relevant words, phrases and clauses. Almost unbelievable uniformity distinguishes passages like Mt28:1, Mk16:9, etc., even in the two main 'aparatus-sources' of the TR and related Texts, and the 'modern' of Westcott and Hort and nestle Aland. You check up for yourself; you don't have to take my word for it.

The trouble starts and ends with the 'dupe'-translations and 'versions'.