1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Protests

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thousands of #BlackLivesMatter protesters swarm Mall of America

On one of the busiest shopping days of the year, thousands of #BlackLivesMatter protesters packed the Mall of America outside Minneapolis on Saturday to call for police reform in the wake of the officer-involved deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner.

“I’m getting my feelings out and I’m letting the world know that we’re not going to take this anymore,” Emma Eubanks, a 18-year-old protester told Fusion just before the event began.

Upon hearing the news that two police officers had been killed in New York by a fugitive gunman, Eubanks (who is the subject of the video above), said she “didn’t condone violence” and that her heart was with the families of the slain officers. She worried that the killings could “provoke a wave of anger and hate” against black activists and those pushing for police reforms.

The mall had sent a letter to organizers warning that anyone protesting in in the mall could be “removed, arrested and banned.” As demonstrators gathered near the rotunda, an electronic billboard flanked by large Christmas trees switched from holiday shopping themed messages to an ominous warning, written in all-caps.

[​IMG]

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Now, I'm on the edge of my seat. Since no link was given, I'm dying to know what this ominous message was. And, believe it or not, that isn't sarcasm. I'm really curious.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can someone tell me how disrupting the innocent businesses petitions the government?

This is going to backfire on them. This will not gain sympathy it will gain anger. These people need to stop following the far left extreme community organizers. This is hurting their message.

Also without these professional organizers these events would not even occur. These events do not matter. It is nothing but politics.

#4 Revmitchell, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's only Minnesota--the only state that never voted for Reagan. What are they going to do? Carve ice statues? Throw snowballs? Increase their welfare? Raise their taxes?

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Was the protest held in Minnesota?? Inside the Mall??

1) Usually malls are considered private property----they are owned my private individuals and a gathering of such without the consent of the owners would be considered trespassing on private property

2) The protesters are inside the mall for a reason----it was probably "booger cold" outside-----so cold---that the protest---if actually held outdoors on ----saaaaaaaay a public domain---like a park or a town square----BUT if held outdoors---the protest probably would not last as long as------what?? 2---3 minutes(tops)---before outsiders would be ready to move inside---and get um some frizzlin' hot chocolate or hot coffee or somethin'!!!!:laugh::saint:

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's the same thing that was done during the Jim Crow era of the 60s.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Here's the link that this poster stole from. http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/12/obstructing-businesses-petition-government/

Got nothing but recycled soundbites that he likes for people to think are his own. :laugh:

Good. Get angrier because you're already angry. The protestors have figured out that the only thing that gets the attention of a certain part of the demographic is to mess with their money or to impeded them doing something with their money.

And it's not hurting their message. It's galvanizing the protestors just as it did during the Civil Rights era.

Expect more of this especially around New Years.

A lot of racial prejudice and racism is tied into politics. A lot of folks sure are talking about it since it doesn't matter.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how ominous it was. Sorry about forgetting the link. But it was nothing but a sign in all caps from the management of the mall letting them know in so many words that they were trespassing and would be arrested, etc.

The site took that picture down.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? Minnesota is a liberal Democrat state and liberal Democrat Minneapolis has tens of thousands of Somalians so getting a crowd based on race would be easy. Also, the Mall of America may be owned in part by rich Jews named Simon who are Clinton Democrats. So Democrats are demonstrating on Democrat property in a Democrat city in a Democrat state that has one of the worst winters imaginable disrupting liberal Democrat Jewish merchants during Christmas--thanks for telling me; I'll be sure to shop online.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was speaking to the protests. The when and the where are irrelevant. The purpose is to bring national and international attention to the issue. It's working.

Being Democrat doesn't excuse systemic racial prejudice and racism.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, Minneapolis is a Democrat thing. Democrat vs. Democrat. Shouldn't the demonstrators feel bad about taking money from Clinton Democrats during Christmas? Or should we say that no one in Minneapolis believes in Christmas anyway?

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Chalk one up to you not listening again. You can try to play them against each other all you want. It's not gonna work. :laugh:

Being Democrat doesn't excuse systemic racial prejudice and racism. Demonstrating at the MALL OF AMERICA is actually quite the statement.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that is correct.

Precisely.

Actually the weather was downright balmy for mid-December in Bloomington, MN, at 39 degrees.

Local reports told of shoppers being kept inside stores for hours for their own safety while police attempted to disperse the trespassing protesters. The whole incident had the potential to get real ugly. It seemed the protesters were trying to light the blue touch paper but the police kept it under control.

15. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, "her heart" is with the families of police officers murdered by a criminal and yet, there she is, protesting a police officer defending his life from a criminal who was trying to kill him?

I truly do not understand black people.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's what you think they are protesting.

At least you can admit that. That means you're at least listening to them. Others won't even listen long enough to not understand.

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are reaping what they sow ... at least in the area I live. During the Festival of Lights, Riverside, CA, during a takeover of the street in front of the Mission Inn, permitted by the cops (who are now afraid to do anything) a driver in a new BMW ran over the feet of several protesters who wouldn't move out of his way on the street.

There were also several scuffles between the crowds gathered to see the lights and protesters. The crowds showed their displeasure and began shouting and pushing the protesters out of their way.

I believe these fringe elements of society, will be shunned by those in society who just don't want to see racial relations return to the sixties era.

WE HAVE COME TO FAR TO TURN BACK NOW! :wavey:

18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that's what they've stated they are protesting. The whole "hands up, don't shoot" nonsense refers the Darren Wilson self-defense case, in which he was attacked by a black robbery suspect and forced to defend himself. The protesters are protesting the fact that he was not indicted for defending himself.

And because I've listened to them, I know why they say they're protesting, which is because a white police officer was not indicted for defending himself against a black criminal.

19. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I grew up in Alabama in the 70s. All I heard was about how we "aren't like that any more" and if I had a nickel for every comic book about racial equality shoved in my hand, I'd be posting this from my yacht in St. Bart's.

For the last forty years, I've done everything I can reasonably do to accommodate and welcome black people. The ball is in their court now and it's no longer my problem. They can either get on the bus or get left behind. It's up to them now.

They claim they're black.

Actually, it does refer to that specific case. It comes from a statement Brown's partner made to the press, which has since been proven to be a lie, that Brown had his hands up and was peacefully surrendering when he was shot.

This, of course, coming from the person who doesn't even know the facts of the story he's defending.

In what way did I not treat them like I would treat white people?

#19 JohnDeereFan, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The hands up don't shoot is in response to a series of unarmed black men being killed by police. It's not specifically about that one case.

You may need to listen a lil bit more closely.:thumbs: