Prove That Sunday Is the Christian Sabbath

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TheThirdAngel144, Jan 18, 2018.

1. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The moral law of God - which includes the Ten Commandments (Eph 6:2 as even Dies Domini admits) is contrasted with the ceremonial law of God - in 1 Cor 7:19 like this - "19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God."

2. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's fine but even John Paul II said the Sabbath Commandment is a specific day of the week. Neither the RCC nor the "Baptist Confession of Faith" section 19 nor the "Westminster Confession of Faith" Section 19 ever said that Exodus 20:8-11 was God commanding Israel to only be a child of God on Saturday or to live in rebellion the other six days of the week.

3. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Under God's theocracy or outside of it??

4. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed the TEN Commandment are included in the moral law of God - written on the heart under the NEW Covenant and apply to all mankind - as even Pope John Paul II admits in Dies Domini

5. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The angel didn't land 3 days ago. The angel just landed sunday and it scared the guards. How are you reading it explain.

6. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 2 AM Pacific.

7. Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The commandments were just moral laws to the ones to whom Moses presented them

I didn't think anyone was going to reply to that statement of mine, or else I would have corrected it earlier... I left out the word not-- I meant "The commandments were not just moral law to the ones to whom Moses presented them." They were the same as civil, per se, laws.

And they are not exactly the same to NT Christians-- shown, for one example, in that the 'second' says "You shall not make any graven image, or any likeness of anything." That is a complete statement. If regarded today, that would bar photography, engineering drawing, computer icons... If you want to say that statement is not separable from the further statement to not bow down and worship them, then was it alright for Aaron to make that golden calf as long as they did not worship it?

8. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.