1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Proverbs 2:19

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven2006, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Pro 2:19 "None who go to her return again, Nor do they reach the paths of life. "

Obviously a very severe warning. My question is what are others views on the wording and the finality of it, with what on the surface sounds like an unpardonable sin, but which we know when comparing scripture it couldn't be. Is this warning telling us that those that fall into this particular sin, have a very slim chance of ever being saved? Is this a sin so strong in it's desire that once down that path, a person would most likely have one's heart hardened over, and never be responsive to the Holy Spirit? My second question is if so, are there other sins that are specifically mentioned in scripture that warns us that once committed one would not be likely to "return from".

2. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Nobody has any answers to my questions? That is unusual for this place. Maybe I should have asked what do people think Obama thinks about Proverbs 2:19 and the thread would have taken off. :laugh:

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to examine the whole chapter to get the gist of this short verse.

Verses 1-11 are about using wisdom, understanding and discretion in our lives
    and the way the LORD works through them.

Verses 12-19 are a contrast, showing the results of a person who departs from the ways of wisdom, who embraces the ways of darkness (vs 13), delighting and rejoicing in evil (vs 14).

The strange woman/adulterous in verse 16 simply provides a solid example of one of the perverse ways.

Rob