1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prperty Tax

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

#1. The property tax is an unbiblical, evil tax because the Bible no where grants the State jurisdiction to impose a property tax.

Don't know anything about Wisconsin law but this guy is a nut case. What kind of tax would he decide is "Biblical?" Where does the Bible authorize electric light bulbs? Maybe the Amish are correct?

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Paying the property taxes that we do (some of the highest in the nation - easy 5 figures), I'd love to say "amen" but all I can say is that the guy has a screw loose.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

A property tax on a church is double taxation in that the church is a nonprofit entity that relies on the support of the tax payer that has already met his tax deed.

5. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Or a triple tax if the inheritance tax comes into play. Or a fourth tax if capital gains taxes ensue. And a fifth tax when sales taxes are taken into account. The next time I hear a social liberal bemoan the length of sacred writ I'll kindly remind him that the tax code is of Biblical proportion.

#5 Ivon Denosovich, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Our society makes it's own laws. The Bible isn't considered. But to call my house and property mine, is not correct. If I don't pay the taxes, the state will take it from me.

Oregon doesn't have a sales tax, but i would support it only, ONLY if they would rid us of the property tax. I know many widows that have had to sell their homes after the husband dies, because the property tax was too burdensome. And that is wrong. IMO