1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalm 145:13 - very interesting textual information

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by BrianT, Jan 7, 2003.

1. BrianT

BrianT New Member

[​IMG] Thanks Jason. I used to be really into it, but by interest and involvement has diminished the last year or two.

Check out Bob's website (via his profile). He has even a bigger section about version issues - it's pretty good, considering it's predominantly KJV-O. ;)

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the referral. His looks great as well. I have a lot of reading to do. :eek:

Jason :D

4. H.R.B.

H.R.B. New Member

Hey BrianT,

I don't understand. What's your stand on the rapture?

Curious,
    heidi

5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Will my answer affect how reliable you think my other posts are? [​IMG]

My stand on the rapture is basically the same as the KJV translators and all Baptists before the 1800s (how's that for an appeal to authority? ;) ): posttrib with strong amill tendencies. [​IMG]

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

While Brian prefers the traditions of men, I stick with the Word and am pretrib. Apparently Brian just doesn't believe the Bible.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Very funny. :D If you are right, no one believed the Bible until relatively recently. I prefer to describe the scenario as "last-days hype producing fringe eschatology". [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. H.R.B.

H.R.B. New Member

No. [​IMG] Your answer makes you more reliable. I'm a post trib,maybe pre wrath believer myself.I haven't decided which.

heidi

9. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Whoo-hoo! Score one more for the good guys! :D :D :D

10. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I was just thinking we are being overrun with apostates. ;) [​IMG]

11. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Well, now that this thread is completely off-topic...

How many pretribbers does it take to change a light bulb? None - they prefer to stay in the dark. :D :D :D

12. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

BrianT:

Your assessment of the Gill remarks is different than mine. Notice that pattern and the anomaly of Psalm 145:13b is shown elsewhere as those comments very clearly say. They speak for themselves. Also, what I expressed is Gill’s tendency to suggest “corrections” to the KJB.

Many translators have opted to not use the Psalm 145:13b reading, that appears on one Hebrew mss, that was altered by adding it at the bottom of the page. The examples I gave show that.

As for the Latin, what you have is the RCC Latin, and not the Old Latin that is also called the Itala Bible. The new Latin Vulgate (RCC) was on the scene for ushering in the Dark Ages. Does the Old Latin have the reading for Psalm 145:13? I don't know. Or did something happen so that source is not fully available? The new RCC Latin Vulgate was made by the RCC to supposedly correct the “archaic” language of the Old Latin. That sounds familiar. Aren’t there others, now, trying to update the “archaic” language of the KJB, by replacing the readings instead of simply using synonyms for so called archaic words? What is being taught in seminary that all the changes are being recommend and approved by their graduates?

My conclusions on the LXX seem opposite yours. I suspect you’ve heard arguments before about the Septuagint, but have come to a different conclusion than I have.

As for the other sources, not Hebrew, there use regarding Psalm 145:13b doesn’t seem all that prolific. But I have to admit, some RCC versions (NAB, JPS, DRA, VUL) were breaking the ground for use of the reading.

[​IMG]

13. H.R.B.

H.R.B. New Member

[​IMG] That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!

[​IMG]
    Heidi

14. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

The correct answer is none. You see, the pretribbers are busy in study of their Bible so they know what is happening, while all the others are free to use their time for changing the light bulb since they don't study. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

You see, the pretribbers are busy in study of their Bible

Is that what they're calling the newspaper these days?

16. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Yes, I think you're right. Pretribbers have studied their Bibles, in the dark under a burned out light bulb. That explains a great deal, actually. :D :D :D Sort of like one blind man and an elephant. :D Maybe if they actually changed the bulb, they could see what scripture actually says instead of making it up. ;)

17. H.R.B.

H.R.B. New Member

Are you a post tribber also, Ransom?

heidi

18. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Yep. After hearing the prophecy mavens cry "Wolf!!" once too many times for my taste, I began to wonder if the problem was with first principles. And lo and behold, it was.

19. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Study in the dark?

No, no, no. :D

[​IMG] :D :D