1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalm 75:7

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Jarthur001, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Many do not like the wording of Romans 9. They "hate" the fact that Romans 9 shows God is in full control of all matters and that the passage tells us we have no room to be displeased with this outlook. The reason they hate it, is that it shows that THEY are not in control and this control is what they want. They want to come to God when they want to come to God. They want to leave God if they do not like the relationship. They maybe want to leave for a month..live in sin...and come back later.

This is the same “man is in control” or “you will be like God” bit that the Devil has told all of mankind from the fall to this day. Sadly, some still "fall" for it. With Romans 9 taken in the right light, mans freewill is washed away, leaving only God lifted up.

Many try to change the words in this chapter to mean other things...or to take away the painful blow to mans freewill seen in chapter 9. Yet this truth is shown in many places in the Bible.

"But God is the Judge! He puts down one and lifts up another."

This sounds like Romans 9 all over again. What do you think?

In Christ..James

2. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Psalm 75:7 does convey the same message as Romans 9.

NIV

"But it is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another."

Romans 9:13
    "....Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

9:14"...I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

9:21
    "Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?"

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

HanSola2000,

Satan is the god of this world although the Godhead is controlling all world events.

This in no way suggests that the Lord raises some to eternal life and puts others down to eternal damnation.

Between our birth and our death God has given us what is called time. Our response to John 3:16 always determines person destiny in the future life.