1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalms 2 :3

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by amixedupmom, Jun 23, 2004.

1. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

1- Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing?
    2- The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take councel together, against the LORD, and his anointed, saying,
    3- Let us break thier bands asunder, and cast away thier cords from us.
    4- He that sittith in the heavens shall laugh: The LORD shall have them in derision.
    5- Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
    6- Yet I have set my king upon the holy hill of Zion.

Ok the before and after of this verse might be helpful so i'm posting that as well. My problem is with verse 3. Is he talking about Kings breaking away from the LORD, OR is he talking to us saying we should get away from it?

(KJV 1611) is the version i'm using also I have looked at the NIV, And I cannot make heads or tails i'm not sure if it's one or the other or BOTH .

Thanks in Advance,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BibleBob

BibleBob New Member

I've always understood it to mean that the rulers were basicaly saying let us free ourselves from God's Lordship. Verse two states that it is the kings and rulers making this statement. Hope this helps. God bless.

Bob

3. MTA

MTA New Member

This supports what BibleBob says above.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord laughs at the vaunts of mankind who seek to throw off His eternal morals, laws and values.

We get really upset over the laws in San Francisco or Massachusetts that defy God, His Word, and morality.

God laughs, knowing the judgment that awaits.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

It is the kings of the earth who are trying to break away from God.

6. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

:eek: that is food for thought isn't it :cool: