1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalms 80:6

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Tanya, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Tanya

Tanya New Member

I am trying to understand this verse can someone help me please. I understand the second half of the verse, just not the first. Thanks Tanya [​IMG]

2. Kellisa

Kellisa New Member

Seems to me that their enimies are laughing at the calamity they have gotten themselves into as a result of turning from the Lord and his ways.

Sorry, I misunderstood you, I answered the wrong part of the verse.
    [ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Kellisa ]

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Kellisa ]

3. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Hi Tanya!

Read chapter 79 just before it and you'll notice that David is speaking of the destruction of Jersalem and the holy temple. He is pleading to God on behalf of Israel to restore them again. You'll notice thru-out the Old Testament, the Israelites were delivered from peril time and again, yet time and again they turned from God and disobeyed Him.

I hope this helps...by the way, the David that wrote the Psalms is the same David of the David & Goliath story. Happy reading!!!

Kathy
    <><