1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalter Sale to Yield Millions for Church Work

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jerome, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1640 Psalm Book Could Fetch $30M at NYC Auction

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd be interested to know whether this statement could be historically verified.

Rob

P.S.
    Bay Psalm Book facsimile [link]

There's a great introduction which includes a history of the acceptable puritan bible in this edition!

Psalm XXIV.
    [SIZE=-1]A PSALM OF DAVID.[/SIZE]​

T[SIZE=-1]HE EARTH[/SIZE] Iehovah’s is, and the fulness of it: the habitable world, and they that there upon do sit.2 Because upon the seas, he hath it firmly laid: and it upon the water-floods most solidly hath staid.3 The mountain of the Lord, who shall thereto ascend? and in his place of holiness who is it that shall stand?4 The clean in hands, and pure in heart; to vanity who hath not lifted up his soul, nor sworn deceitfully.5 From God he shall receive a benediction, and righteousness from the strong-God of his salvation.6 This is the progeny of them that seek thy face: of them that do inquire for him: of Iacob ’tis the race. Selah.7 Ye gates lift-up your heads, and doors everlasting, be ye lift up: and there into shall come the glorious-King.8 Who is this glorious-King? Iehovah, puissant, and valiant, Iehovah is in battle valiant.9 Ye gates lift-up your heads, and doors everlasting, do ye lift-up: and there into shall come the glorious-King.10 Who is this glorious-King? lo, it is Iehovah of warlike armies, he the King of glory is; Selah.​

#2 Deacon, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My devotions have been in the Bay Psalter recently.

I'm really enjoying it.

Psalm 21:2
    (NIV) You have granted him his heart’s desire and have not withheld the request of his lips.

(ESV) You have given him his heart’s desire and have not withheld the request of his lips.

(AV 1873) Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, And hast not withholden the request of his lips.

(NLT) For you have given him his heart’s desire; you have withheld nothing he requested.

(HCSB) You have given him his heart’s desire and have not denied the request of his lips.

(Bay Psalter) Thou of his heart to him hast granted the desire: and thou hast not witholden back, what his lips did require.

Rob

5. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bet if it was sold on the show pawn stars they'd get like 75 bucks for it....

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those of you that use Logos Bible Software, I've created a personal book of the Bay Psalmes in Metre 1640

It can be found on the Logos forum website under "Files".

Rob