1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

puffed up

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Hercules, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Hercules

Hercules New Member

It's so easy to get puffed up in knowledge.We all know more than a horse and he's got the longest head.Even myself.This i do know,I don't know one thing about the way of the lord.God is a mystery and so is his book.We all need to becarefull from time to time ,even myself for the lord will deal with our folly.Lets all becarefull.It will all come down to the sinners prayer,lord have mercy on me a sinner.For sinners we are every one,though we believe and truly try to walk in the spirit we still fail in every thing we do and will come up short in the end with out the love and mercy of an Almighty God.

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

This ain't church! This is a discussion bulletin board where the exchange of knowledge of, and about God, His only Son, His Holy Spirit and His Holy Word, the body of Christ, and most everything is openly discussed. If sometimes one comes across as being "puffed up" so be it, but remember what is posted is not the 'who' or 'what' the poster is, but only what was posted.

It is important to keep the proper perspective of this BBS, keeping in mind what it is, and what it affords the person who posts here.

It is assumed that all posters here have a personal testimony of God in their life, are in some fashion associated with the Body of Christ.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

James 3:2, "For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well."

4. jpbrooks

jpbrooks New Member

I am trying to become comfortable with the idea of God being somewhat "mysterious" to us. However, a central theme of Christianity is that God has revealed Himself in His creation. So, it doesn't seem obvious that God desires to be a total mystery to us.

(There may be a delay in my replies because I'm having technical problems with my computer.)

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "mysteries" of the OT are often revealed in the NT. But they are still HARD to understand!

We now have the indwelling Holy Spirit to help us understand and follow the truth.

As Paul said, these things are discerned spiritually, not through logic or history or computers!