1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Q

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Anastasia, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

You don't honestly believe that the only reason that someone would not believe he made it in 6 human-measured days is a lack of faith, do you? Doesn't that put God in a human box to say that time to Him must have always been only as we can measure and imagine it?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

What took God so long? Couldn't he poof it in one day?

3. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

Is the only reason to not fit into a not-yet-existing human time really because He couldn't proof it that fast?

4. Walguy

Walguy Member

I'm really surprised some of you don't seem to understand this, since it's so obvious. God created the universe and formed and populated the world and then 'rested' from His creative work over 7 literal days to give us the pattern for the 7 day week. The fact that this 7 day week is still the norm 6000 years later should be enough proof for anyone that this was God's purpose in the specific timing of His creative acts.

5. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

I am really surprised that you don't seem to understand this, since it's so obvious. The day as we measure it is based on a sun and moon that were not yet set in place on the first day. God set a pattern and an order for life that I do not see as being dependent on something He had not yet created at that time.

#25 Anastasia, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
  6. Walguy

Walguy Member

He created light on day one, and separated it from darkness, giving the new world day and night, just like we have now. The phrase 'and the evening and the morning was the [x] day' is used exactly the same for all of the first 6 days, strongly indicating that the same specific time period is being described for each day, with or without the sun being the light source. I assume you believe that God is capable of creating a 24 hour day prior to the sun taking over as the light source. Since the text is clear that in terms of time, a day has always been the same since the very first one, the only reason to suggest other interpretations is because one has decided, for reasons which have nothing to do with Scripture, that the earth must be far older than 6000 years. I prefer to trust the One who was there to have told the truth.

7. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

This isn't worthwhile enough for me to pursue. This doesn't save my soul or help me love God or my neighbor any more either way. For now we both see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now we both know in part, but then we will know fully just as we also have been fully known. Good night.