1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Qualifications for ministers

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Speedpass, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

That made me laugh.

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Qualifications

Speedpass,

It will be hard to find a place of ministry "in the south" as a church pastor or Sr. pastor. But, there are a myriad of other places and positions where one can minister.

What you have to do is to know for sure, if you can, if God has called, equipped, gifted, and led you to the pastor-teacher ministry.

I for one, would suggest that you look at something like the institutional chaplain ministry. It is probably one of the most rewarding service ministries that there is bar none.

But, if God has "shut up the fire in your bones" to preach and teach his word then you must follow the calling and be as faithful to it as you can. You will also find that some of the ultra-conservative seminaries may not let you in b/c of your marital status. One of these is Mid America. I have a thread on under colleges/seminaries. Come there and we will talk more if you wish.

But, never fear! If God has called you to minister the word, then he will have a place for you.

I pray for you as I type this that the next step of faith will prove the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father in your lives!!

Don'tlooseheart!:thumbs:

sdg!

rd

3. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I suggest that you not feel you have to stay within what you describe as an ultra-conservative environment. There are plenty of churches (and seminaries) which have worked through these issues and have come down on the side of compassion. What is past is past, and if you can feel that you are appropriate and you have integrity in your marriage, then move on with your sense of calling and broaden the scope of seminaries to which you look for training.