1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Qualifications, Please?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Palatka51, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I would like to propose a hypothetical.

The Baptist Bible Conference (BBC)* is looking for a better translation of God's Word than what has been offered.
    It's purpose is to provide it's members a;
    1. Bible that is worthy for instruction in the way life is to be lived by direction from God.
    2. Bible that is useful for Church edification.
    3. Bible that is useful for Church growth.
    4. Bible that is useful for the truthful operation of Church ordinances.
    (If there is a category that needs to be added by all means add one in your post in this thread.)

The BBC is looking for panelists to search the ancient documents for the translation that will best fill the above criteria set forth by BBC counsel.

If you wish to serve on this counsel please state in your post to this thread the following information;
    • Your qualifications as an advisory on BBC's panel.
    • What Text would you propose to use.
    • Why do you think your choice of text is worthy for translation.

Please submit your resume in a Professional, Christian, Brotherly manner.

I do not want any suggestions as to why a certain text is more superior than another. As this will lead to flaming. Your suggestion of worthiness of text used must stand on it's own merits, not why you think that it is better than another text. Any suggestion of superiority of your text over another will result in the rejection of your submitted text as non viable material and as a panelist for this endeavor.

*The BBC is a fictional Conference that only exists within the boundaries of this thread. Any reference to an actual BBC is solely by accident and does not constitute any implied action or statement of said Conference.

#1 Palatka51, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The objective should not be to settle on one version . There are multiple versions which could be considered for your hypothetical situation .

TNIV , HCSB , ISV , NLTse , NET etc.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

This hypothetical assumes that all versions are deemed outdated and are no longer usable.
    The BBC is going back to get it right.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your premise is deeply flawed .

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Actually I have the answer for my hypothetical from a thread by Salamander in this forum.

Moderators, if you will, please close this thread. As I will continue my study from Salamander's thread.

Thank you.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Closed on request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.