1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quanity in Prayer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, May 14, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you find your prayer life more effective praying by yourself, in a group of 2-4; or in groups of 5+ ?
    Or does it make a difference?

Salty

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By myself.

3. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

If I am praying for guidance on an issue them by myself. If I am praying for the commonality for the church then in a group. I hope that makes sense.

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's hard to say, as each has a different purpose. My personal time in prayer is for my personal growth. Corporate prayer is for our growth as a body.

And how are you defining "effective"? Is it as the charismatics would define it, where God, who they see as a cosmic genie there to grant their wishes, gives them all they ask for? Is it as the Reformers saw it, to know God's will? Is it as the Puritans saw it, to align our will with God's?

Going by your posts in the past, I'm guessing it's a combination of the later two, but that's kind of an important thing to nail down before you ask that question or else you won't get the answer your looking for.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I was asking the question on behalf of a non-BB member. When he brought it up, it got me thinking - and I just wanted to get some thoughts about it.