1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about Church Worship

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 12, 2011.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was watching David Jeremiah on Turning Point last night. I see that the style of worship he uses is not contemporary (as in what you hear in most seeker friendly churches today) nor is the style of worship he uses that of a Fundamentalist church. Can someone tell me the particular name of the style used at his church?

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I just checked out a turning point broadcast (Christmas message), and I don't know if you saw the same thing I saw, but if so (big choir, a few extra singers up front, orchestra and rhythm section) Then it is definitely contemporary (contemporary is not a style, however, so this would be Possibly classified musically as medium rock, based on the emphasis on beats 2 & 4). It is maybe not as "rocky" as some seeker sensitive churches, and having a huge choir in robes behind it makes it feel less contemporary.

But you are correct that many fundamentalist churches would not have a drum set in thier services, or the praise team (that line of singers in front).