1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question about divorce

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sminasian, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

AMEN!

That's why I've suggested what I did in my response to her. I'm leary of the situation at best. But, I don't discount by any stretch of the imagination as to what Christ can do, if/when asked to do so, in another's life.

We as Christians are told to watch the fruit that others bear. While we can't know what's in their heart, as only our Saviour does, we can still get a pretty good idea based on the outward signs of how they live their lives. Right now this man's fruit doesn't appear to be very good, as he's living in sin with another woman.

IMO, she needs to wait until she's sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this man has changed his life. To be sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it truely is God's will that they resume their marriage. That isn't easy, nor is it quick.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

On my worst day, my faith in the Lord is ten times what yours is on your best. That is because I read Scripture and understand it. I do not look at the world through rose colored glasses, man made myths, and empty promises.

By the way, implying someone is not saved is against BB rules. It is not common to change an abuser, as I work with this everyday in my job. You do not have a clue, either about life or Scripture.

3. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

I did not say quick, or jump now. It is doubt that all of you show as if it is not possible. Its amazing most of you claim to be Christian the way you emulate the world constantly. "Well Im all about Jesus, but ya know...." Lip service. Yes he should be rid of the other first, make no moves until then I agree. It will be prayer that will bring it about with faith.

4. plain_n_simple

You must not use Jesus then. Do you talk them to death?

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

How dare you!

First, question the faith of others with your "claim to be Christian" remark.

Then, presume to know the will of God for these two individuals. God may not have ordained this marriage in the first place. It may not be His will that they resume this marriage. Yet, you speak as if you know their only recourse is to reunite to be in accordance with His will. That God will answer their prayer in the affirmative for them to resume their marriage.

How dare you!

6. plain_n_simple

It's pretty awesome when He tells you His will in His word. He separates the believers from the talkers when you see it. You will make it to heaven, but if you are born again, you wont talk like the world talks, and you wont be offended on a message board, or anywhere.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, I do not use Jesus. He is not a play toy to me. He is God and I worship and adore Him. At the same time, there is no way your misguided theories are going unanswered.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

One does not make it to heaven. It is a gift of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. It is not accomplished through nut case theories of speaking in tongues, faith healing, or having faith in abusive spouses.

9. plain_n_simple

lol, so how do you help the people you work with? Do you give them Jesus?

10. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Are you REALLY a Bible BELIEVER?

Please notice that my "Title" question does NOT ask whether or not you are saved. I assume that you are ...not my right or place to question that.

Astounding though that anyone would actually say something as short-sighted as that in here on the BB. Modern Psychology is part of the reason we are in the mess we are in these days. We should be advising this dear sister based on STRICTLY Biblical wisdom and teaching....NOT on worldly-wise
    secular psychology.
    The simple Bible-based fact is that there can and should not even be the slightest consideration of there being ANY restoration of this relationship/marriage as long as this guy is still co-habiting/fornicating/committing adultery with this other woman. THAT must not even be a factor BEFORE any reconcilliation can or should proceed. And even then...unless both parties are equally committed to the idea it is not going to happen...in all likelihood.

Bro.Greg

#30 Gregory Perry Sr., Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
  11. plain_n_simple

That is what I was sayin

12. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

If That is TRUE...

If that is true then you need to be waaaay more specific...particularly given the gravity of the subject under discussion. The young lady in question is weighing the possibility of making one of the most life-changing decisions it is possible to make this side of Heaven. I have some VERY painful first-hand experience in this matter. We must be careful. Glib or pithy little one or two word "wisecracks" about marriage,divorce,remarriage are NEVER appropriate. Marriage is a type and picture of the perfect union of Christ and His Bride,the Church. We must approach this topic everytime with a certain amount of appropriate reverence and respect. Just my humble opinion.

Bro.Greg

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You don't know that God is restoring them both! God will certainly not restore an unrepentant adulterer to his wife. If the guy is still living with his girlfriend, he is unrepentant.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

AMEN! :thumbsup:

15. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Ditto AMEN! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. plain_n_simple

Not really, it's simple faith. God joined them, He will restore thank God!

Who was it that said their job was working with abusers?

17. 12strings

12strings Active Member

So what you're saying is you have a sure word from God that every couple that has been married, then divorced, God is guaranteed to restore to unity? Or maybe as long as both are Christians?

Either way, I think the last 100 years would show this to be false...based on people dying after having been divorced.

18. plain_n_simple

Just the person that posted here, for now.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Not only do you not know Scripture, you do not read posts. No one said their job was working with abusers. The job is with those abused.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is not your decision.