1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question about divorce

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sminasian, Oct 11, 2012.

1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Ok, are you the person?

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It makes no difference. You can read the back posts as well as I can. This conversation is ended. If you decide you want to carry on a serious discussion about marriage, divorce, and Scripture, let me know and we will continue.

3. plain_n_simple

It's a word of knowledge, things will be restored.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Tell it to Ernest Angley and you two can remove each other's evil spirits and say baby.

5. plain_n_simple

Ok it was you..."It is not common to change an abuser, as I work with this everyday in my job."

So are you working to change an abuser as this implies?

What tools do you use to change a person?

Do you give them Jesus or Freud?

6. plain_n_simple

I only listen to Jesus and do what He did.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You and Rev Mitchell need to form a club. If one follows the conversation and reads the posts, one would see that it is apparant that abusers change on rare occasion. This is known because of working with the ones abused. Actually it is volunteer work. What does this have to do anything? Take your word of knowledge, dip it in tobasco, and swallow.

8. plain_n_simple

This is a spiritual battle you wage.
    What are your weapons?
    Do you understand that the abuser might have a devil that needs cast out?
    Do you see that the abuser is a victim of Satan as well?

9. plain_n_simple

I'll presume saturneptune uses non-biblical methods in an attempt to heal the abused.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome....

Glad I can bless you with my life filled errors and God's superglue repairs :smilewinkgrin:

As for changing ones spots, I am an example of someone who has changed their spots with the grace and love of God. However, I am always weary of sex abusers and other abusers, and would make them jump through the hoops many times to prove they are now worthy of my trust.

I know God can change anyone, from anything, but, in this gal's case, I think she needs to think long in order to avoid thinking wrong!

Again, I am blessed that I can bless you. God has truly been super great to me, and He continues to show others, through me, that there are second chances in the life of living for Him!

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I may, you may say that; but it is your word, not Our Lord's. I'm very skeptical of anyone who claims that they have a word of knowledge. As far as I know, there is no such thing in Scripture.

Be careful. I think you're giving irresponsible advice that, if taken, could be dangerous.

12. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I am, too, because I have had experience with that stuff. I would run as far away from it as possible. I don't deny spiritual gifts, but I do deny that someone can tell me God's will if He hasn't revealed His will to me.

13. plain_n_simple

------------------------------------------------------------

#53 plain_n_simple, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

RD2, There is something to be said for the wisdom of experience. Thanks for sharing both. :thumbsup:

15. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

That is one of the most insulting and presumptuous things I've read on here. It offends me -- and it wasn't even directed at me!

#55 Michael Wrenn, Oct 12, 2012
  16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Called "Soul Ties!"

The Scripture tells us that when a man and woman join themselves together, in the flesh, they become ONE, which simply means that their souls are then joined.

I firmly believe that all this premarital sex, and serial relationships lead many to be tied, spiritually speaking, to MANY other souls. Once you are tied to that soul, there is a spiritual link [where we begin to think like one another, and even predict what the other will say before they say it, etc.], and if you do not break that spiritual tie, you could be forever bound to that person, and eventually subject to their spiritual mind control.

I have preached Souls Ties for years, and prayed with many couples to help them break those ties, confess the sin that led to the tie, and repent and make a new and stronger affirmation to Jesus.

Souls Ties are a form of past sin, and like all sin, it must be handled spiritually [by confession], and prayer must be entered into to clear the slate by the blood of Jesus.

I suggest you honestly try this with the help of your pastor, and see if the hold this man has over you is not broken.

For Scriptural reference to soul tie's check out, 1 Cor. 6:14-20 (specifically, verse 16). I would think you need to approach your pastor, repent of joining your flesh with his, and ask God, through the Holy Ghost, to break that bond and give you a fresh and renewed start in relation to relationships!

I had this very same problem after I married my wife. I was being drawn to think of past women, and some of them even tracked me down and called or wrote me, years after I was married. I often became tempted and confused, and it wasn't until I heard our pastor preach on this same subject, to which I ran to the alter, I didn't understand what was wrong with me and my heart. Once I knew the problem per the verse, I prayed with the pastor, and I have never looked back.

There is truth in this, so give it a prayerful thought, or two!

Shalom!

17. plain_n_simple

Gods will is in the bible

#57 plain_n_simple, Oct 12, 2012
  18. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thankfully, my salvation is not dependent upon your opinion.

It's hard to take a post questioning my salvation like this one does seriously. Get real.

#58 Arbo, Oct 12, 2012
  19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks someone is in need of some haldol

20. plain_n_simple

It is not questioning your salvation.
    You will enter heaven.
    What Im talking about is the work to be done as He did
    Destroying the works of the devil.
    You must be one that thinks that it is only a ticket to heaven, this will stop you from being Christlike as well as your unbelief