1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about Elijah....

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by livin'intheword, Nov 28, 2001.

1. livin'intheword

livin'intheword New Member

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Matthew 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

Was Elijah of the OT the Elias that we see in the NT? Could it be that Elias is the Greek word for Elijah. Thanks ahead of time. [​IMG]

Paula

2. livin'intheword

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes, Elias is Elijah.

Not to discuss something in the wrong forum, but here is where a modern version would help you out. All MVs give the updated rendering and correctly read "Elijah."

4. livin'intheword

Thanks a bunch Pastor Larry. [​IMG] I think I'll stick with my KJV. I was on the right track, I just needed someone to confirm it. Thank you,

Paula

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I wasn't trying to convince you to leave the KJV. Just suggesting that having an MV alongside will confirm a number of things [​IMG]

6. livin'intheword

I know you weren't [​IMG] I have been thinking of getting an MV to keep as a study help to my KJV though.

Paula