1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

question about the Independant Baptist's

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by BibleJunky, Apr 15, 2004.

1. BibleJunky

BibleJunky Guest

HI Guys,

I'm wondering about Independent Baptist's. I was saved in one of these Churches. Is there a national organization they belong to? if not, how do they fill needs, ect?

Just wondering,

BibleJunky

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Independent Baptist is a default position of Baptist Churchs, there is no one "national" organization of Independent Baptists. If there were its membership would cease to be independent. Most of us take the ministry model of the old Northern Baptists. We organize our inter-church activities on a functional basis. That means we have no problem with having a multiplicity of colleges, mission boards, publishers, ect. that are independent of each other. It may not be as seemingly efficient as other models. But we have found that muddling our way through this world is with God's grace and mercy the best way to operate.

I hope this helps and sheds more light than heat,
    Keith

3. Baptistgal

Baptistgal New Member

Individual churches are usually responsible for meeting their own needs, raising their own funds through their own membership. Although we do have churches that know each other and interact with one another through Pastor's conferences, different other kinds of conferences, sometimes cooperating together for summer camps...things like that. It's all on an individual, independent basis, though.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off to denominations ...