1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about the Kingdom

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Oct 3, 2007.

1. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Yes, I agree with all that (except for the bit about MK - I did not even mention it):

1. Unbelief is sin (I would add "full stop" - or as you say in America, "Period", because of what Romans 1.18-20 says:
    18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 ΒΆ because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

2. Sin and death still exist. (Not quite like Adam before the Fall, for then, sin and death were (as far as he was concerned) but a possibility.
    3. This earth will remain a spiritual battleground until the end of time, when God creates all things new.

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Sorry, Skypair, where does Jude 1.6 mention "demons that possessed humans?" It just says:

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day.

Which bible passage are you meaning with your statement about the fifth trumpet? There seems nothing in Revelation 9.1-12 (the passage starting: "Then the fifth angel sounded") about releasing anybody. The same goes for Revelation 16.10-11, the other passage in Revelation mentioning the fifth angel.

Lastly, who or what is "AC"?

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

First, thank you for deferring to my responses before hanging me. :laugh:

My view of the demons chained in the pit is that from the very beginning it was so --- that the "sons of God" were possessed by demons to take "as many as they desired" of the "daughters of men" at a time when this was about the only trespass there was! Possessing a human spirit is, IMO, leaving one's first estate.

Then look at the demons whom Jesus cast out into swine (for they knew they would go to the pit elsewise).

Notice too that they are held "until the of judgment of that great day"/GT (Jude 1:6), right?

Now I see in Rev 9:1-12 that the locusts are those demons. It is possible (though I am considering this only now) that the 5 month pain with which they afflict those without God's mark is demon possession. The victims wish they could die like the swine but the demon possessing and controlling them will not let them (like the case of AC himself!).

And here's one more thing about my view --- it appears to me that the trumpets are Satan taking over control of the earth. Following nuclear war of trumpets 1-4, all the demons of the pit emerge in the 5th -- the 4 "angels" (really demons like the ones Daniel heard of, "prince of Persia," "prince of Greece") of the Euphrates are the angels of the 4 great world empires who empower/quicken AC to war with the rest of the unconquored nations of the east of Euphrates (then it is dried up in the 6th vial so he can come back at Jerusalem) -- and the 6th trump has all the demons cast out of the air into the earth. Can you imagine what power Satan will have when all these come to pass??

Dr Rogers believed the locusts were demons and even described their seductiveness and strength. I have merely provided the reason for them being chained in the first place.

I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you! :laugh:

No, I believe he will be a Pope. I believe one has been "standing in the wings" on behalf of Satan for all these years ready to "flip" once the rapture occurs (for Satan "knows not the day or hour" either). And hasn't a loose federation of the Roman Empire not always been 'at hand' as well? And how about the vacuum of empty called Israel for the Jews to return to? And the "king of the south" Arabs/Muslims and the "king of the north" mongol/pagans of Russia?

skypair

#63 skypair, Oct 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

The smiley shows me you are kidding, but just to be sure, I must say that I was not trying to "hang" you! :laugh:

I'm afraid my question about AC was far more basic; I was just asking what the letters stood for - I didn't realise that they were an abbreviation for "Antichrist". :tonofbricks: