1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about VOM

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has anyone knowledge of the”Voice of Martyrs” international office in Bartlesville, Oklahoma?

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard of the ministry, but don't know much about its nuts and bolts.

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has done a lot of good work with persecuted Christians and I was a contributor for a while to support Chinese pastors outside the "official" church.

Unfortunately, it was rocked by a sex scandal a few years ago. The director was accused of sexually abusing a 10-year-old and committed suicide. The organization immediately notified supporters of the situation.

I am not aware of any financial scandals, although apparently the Nigerian branch is accused of child abuse and has been cut off from the main organization.

None of this would deter me from contributing. It seems to fill a niche that other organizations miss — supporting indigenous pastors and congregations that are facing persecution and economic difficulties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist