1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question for discussion.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by percho, Mar 9, 2017.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. Gal 3:8

What gospel would you think this might be?

Maybe this. 2 Tim 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Would you say that, the resurrection to life from death, of Christ, is that which brought to light, life and incorruptibility?

Hebrews 11 states that Abraham saw the resurrection from the dead, when God told him to sacrifice Isaac being God had told him promises would come through Isaac which had not yet come.

Has Isaac to date been resurrected to life incorruptible? NO. Has the seed singular been resurrected from the dead incorruptible? YES

Melchisedec

For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. Heb 5:1-4

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Heb 1:5,6
    What day is, today and or this day, I have begotten thee? On what day was Christ glorified? Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 1 Peter 1:21

Heb 5:7-10 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he (the) obedience by the things which he suffered; (unto death Phil 2:8)
    And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Here we have, Son, who through sufferings learned the obedience unto death, even the death or the cross and was dead for three days made perfect and becoming the first cause of eternal salvation. That is who God called an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. One who died and was dead for three days.

Hebrews 7:14-17 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Said of Christ.
    Romans 5:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
    Acts 13:33,34 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

I believe Melchisedec was a man whose genealogy we do not know and who died and has not been raised from the dead but will be.

2. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe Jesus is the Word of God, came forth out from God, in the likeness as a man, in a body prepared of God, to earth, as a Servant, to accomplish many things, and did all He came to accomplish.

I believe the Word of God is God, revealed unto mankind in the flesh likeness as a man, that men could see and hear and learn from, BY His example.

Jesus was later reveal, being the true Light, the Father, the Christ, who is the Power and Wisdom of God, Spirit, Life, Truth, Way, the Lord from Heaven and thus His, Power and Authority was revealed, in His works. And upon His return more shall be revealed for those who must see to believe and comprehend.

Christ the Lord Jesus, IS the King of Jerusalem, whom Abraham met and was blessed by.
    I have been bless by Christ the Lord Jesus, and He dwells within me.

As Jesus took upon Himself the seed of Abraham, so have I, thus as Jesus was a son of Abraham, so am I, according to promise. As Jesus is entitled to the land promised to Abraham, as Abraham's descendant, so am I.

Jesus' everlasting earthly throne is prepared. His earthly land is prepared, for His Kingdom on Earth, and I am prepared to enter and occupy the Lords Kingdom, WHEN He completes His Divide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The good news of course. The restoration of the Kingdom of God on Earth.

Gen 12
    [2] And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
    [3] And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

[7] And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

Gen 13
    [14] And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
    [15] For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
    [16] And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
    [17] Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Gen 22
    [15] And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
    [16] And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
    [17] That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
    [18] And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems that it would be, but some NCT would not see it in that light!

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that Abraham did NOT meet a pre incarnated Christ, but did meet a real King of salem, who was a type of Jesus yet to come!

6. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ the Power of God always existed.
    Jesus, the Word of God, the Christ always existed.
    From the beginning of mankind, the Word of God, the Power of God has been revealed to mankind.

It was later, mankind was given the NAMES of Gods Word, (Jesus) and of Gods Power, (Christ);
    However that does not Change WHO Gods Word is and WHO Gods Power is.
    It simply changes mankind's knowledge, of being knowledge revealed.

God being the King of kings ON EARTH, was always Gods intention. Mankind begged for an earthly man to be their king. God obliged and let them suffer the consequences for what they wanted.
    However Gods WILL shall prevail, and He shall sit in His Earthly Kingdom, on His everlasting Throne, in the city of Jerusalem.

Jesus, the Word of God; Christ the Power of God; has been coming forth out from God to mankind since the beginning of mankind. In what shape, form, manner and called by what name or title; is dictated by God Himself.

God is TOO Holy and pure to have a direct contact with mankind, who is corrupt.
    Corrupt things in Gods presence, can and will be CONSUMED by His own LIGHT.
    Thus, in order for God to communicate with mankind, and not destroy mankind in the process....
    God Himself provides a "COVER" for Himself.
    His "cover", as Scripture teaches has from the beginning, been effected in many forms, called by many things, and provided a WAY for mankind to KNOW, they are in the presence of God Himself.

The "REAL" King of Jerusalem IS Christ the Lord Jesus, God with us, who met with Abraham and blessed him with the SEED of God who is (Christ), and further gave his faithful servant Abraham promises concerning Abraham's position of father on earth, land and a genealogy line that would encompass all of Abraham's descendants, who also have the Seed of God, to partake as occupants in Christ's earthly Kingdom.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The trinity has God the Son, correct? As Jesus came into existence when God the Son was born as Jesus!

8. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The "TRINITY" is a description meaning;

"Tri" meaning three, and "Unity" meaning one

The "TRINITY", in relationship to God, sometimes referenced as the Holy Trinity, or Sacred Trinity, is noting the "TRINITY" specific to God.

Gods is Spirit, but NOT limited to only being called Spirit. God has a voice, word, power, authority, seed, body, hands, mind, soul, thoughts, plan, ideas, knowledge, wisdom, understanding, etc. etc. and can be anyplace or all places at once, called by what He dictates at any given time.

Without Gods power and word, nothing could be created, including mankind, WHO as a believer exalts and remembers Gods power and word, that God Himself gives to us.

God in heaven, is unseen, and called the Father of mankind, as Moses declared and first called our Heavenly God; the father.

It is God Himself who declared His Word would be called JESUS. And that when Jesus was revealed unto mankind, that God in Heaven would be "a" father to His Word on Earth, called Jesus.

It is later revealed, this Son of God, on earth, is God in a body, prepared of God Himself, with full power and authority of God, thus thereafter called the Christ.

Our understanding is to KNOW, they are ONE, yet we remember WHAT they did according to the names and titles as they were introduced, revealed and manifested unto mankind.

Jesus said to baptize men in the NAME of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit ~
    which is Heavenly Father God, Lord Jesus the Word of God , & Christ the Spirit / Power of God.

In the NAME of.... "Names" ? No. In the Name of.

Matt 28:
    [18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

One NAME ^ three identified, who are ONE Lord God Almighty.

Acts.10
    [48] And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

See Peter's baptizing...

Acts.2
    1. [38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Trinity, is a description of ONE Lord God Almighty, and the teaching of God that was revealed BY, Gods Word, Gods Spirit, being the unseen God Himself.

FYI ~ Jesus always existed. We learning what to call Him and men seeing Him, does not mean He did not exist simply because man was unaware.

#28 Happy, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you teaching her Modulaism then. one God, but He was known as any of the 3 persons by title?

10. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My view is thee Lord God Almighty IS ONE GOD, period.

What the Lord does, what God does, what the Almighty does, IS thee ONE Lord God Almighty actions, and letting us know BY what means He acts.

At times we SEE the results of Gods Word, (called Son, called Jesus), when we perk out ears to hearing, or our eyes to reading.

At times we SEE the results of Gods Power, (called Christ), when we observe weather, when we observe the effects of the Power of God IN a faithful man.

Calling the Word of God, by a NAME, a person....
    Calling the Power of God, by a NAME, a person...
    Calling the Invisible God, by NAME, a person....

Is simply a teaching method for mankind to comprehend the roles that Gods Word and Power play in effecting HIS WILL.

Individual Men themselves have different roles, different titles, different names for different purposes,
    but they they are still ONLY ONE individual man.

Thee Lord God Almighty is ONE God, regardless of how many roles He fulfills, or different titles, or different names He has.

You are on this forum calling yourself Yeshua1 .
    So...is that the name given you by your parents? Is that the name your family calls you? Is that the name your employer, boss, employees, neighbors, friends, government records.....call you?

Probably not. But on this forum, for this purpose of speaking YOUR word, you dictate what you shall be called.

Does that make you multiple persons? Of course not. Nor does it make God, multiple Spirits or multiple "persons", because He calls "His Word", by what He dictates.

:)

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are there 3 separte Persons called God?