1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question from Galatians

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, May 27, 2010.

1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

When Christ returns to earth He will destroy it and make new heavens and a new earth.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pose the question to anyone:

3. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Obviously He was presenting something that had always been because He told Nicodemus this: "Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?" If it was something new, why would Nicodemus have been expected to know it?

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Brother, God doesn't change:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and to-day, yea and for ever. Heb 13:8

Concerning the OP:

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, which is our mother. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; Break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: For more are the children of the desolate than of her that hath the husband. Gal 4:26,27

I amplify:

....For more are the children of the desolate [the Gentile fold] than of her that hath the husband [the Jewish fold]

Those referred to in Ps 87 that are of Rahab, Babylon, Philistia, Tyre, and Ethiopia that were born in [the heavenly] Zion are examples of the children of the desolate. God always has had a people from every nation under heaven.

I suggest to you that when Peter made this exclamation in Acts 10:

“......Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is acceptable to him”

.........there wasn't anything new about that either.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ky?

Is the church Jerusalem above?

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Percho, I don't know how to answer that question other than the heavenly Zion should be from where the visible Church draws their members. It might could be considered as the invisible or u-church, I guess.

I believe this 'Woman' or [children of] heavenly Zion forms a 'thread' of it's own throughout the scriptures, beginning with Gen 3:15 even to the Woman of Rev 12.

#26 kyredneck, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  7. Bro K

Bro K New Member

Perch states (#25): Is the church Jerusalem above?

Don't quite understand the question. Rev 21:10 tells us that John saw "that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of the heaven from God"

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't quite understand the statement. Are you inferring that you believe this to be a literal for real city coming down out of the sky to earth? And that there will be literal for real adornments of precious stones and literal for real streets of gold, etc., etc.?

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 8:15,16 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.
    Hebrews 2:11 For both he that sanctifies and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Relative to John 3:7 and the OP, Is there a mother involved in this and is it related to Rev. 12? We can see father, children and brother.

Romans 8:And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ.

Also are we presently heirs or have we become inheritors? And being we are/were joint heirs with the Christ is he presently an heir or inheritor?

Is this relative to the OP in anyone's mind other than mine?

10. Bro K

Bro K New Member

I don't understand the wording "be a literal for" or "literal for". If you are asking if I believe this is an actual city; then my answer is yes.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How much of the rest of the book do you literalize? For instance, in Rev 12, is it an actual, literal, for real, dragon with ten horns and seven heads pursuing an actual, literal, for real, woman who is literally clothed with the sun, moon, and stars? Or are these merely visions that signify something through imagery? If you literalize one, but not the other, what's your guiding principle?

12. Bro K

Bro K New Member

In police work we dealt with most people by "Giving them enough rope and they'll hang themselves";which is simply saying the more they talked, eventually truth will be revealed. The truth is the only way you seem to respond to a statement/post is to ask questions instead of giving bibical based statements. If you have something constructive to say on the subject (post #1) then say it and don't beat around the bush. If you want to talk about the woman or dragon, then start a thread. I fully understand the techniques you use by attempting to put someone of the defense. My guiding principle; the BIBLE. As one BB member has said; you can lead a mule to the water, but you can't make him drink'.
    That's right, but you can leave him there. Goodbye! :wavey:

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't 'beating around the bush' or trying to get anyone 'to hang themself'; I asked an age old question: "If you literalize one, but not the other, what's your guiding principle?"

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    5 And she was delivered of a son, a man child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and unto his throne.
    17 And the dragon waxed wroth with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, that keep the commandments of God, and hold the testimony of Jesus: Rev 12

Excellent connection/question Percho. It went to my file. :)

#34 kyredneck, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  15. Bro K

Bro K New Member

John 3:7..."Ye must be born again": We were first born thru the natural birth from our mother's womb. Born again is our new birth into the Family of God.

Rev 12.....The woman is Israel (nationally) from which Jesus was born on earth.

Rom 8:17... "Heirs of God": We are his children (heirs) thru our rebirth (born again) which was made possible thru the finished work of Christ. Our inheritance will be eternity with our Father.

Is this relative to the OP?: OP refers to the New Jerusalem. John 3 refers to an earthy woman. Rev 21 refers to Israel.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a mother/woman connected with our new birth? What about the OP
    Jerusalem which is above? When will we become inheritors? Is Jesus still an heir or has he become an inheritor and if so when? We are joint with him are we not?

17. Bro K

Bro K New Member

1. Is there a mother/woman connected with our new birth? Only to the extent that: A. Mary (a woman) gave natural birth to Jesus. B. See my post above...Rev 12.

2. What about the OP? & Jerusalem which is above? Refer to Post #8 and #35.

3. Is Jesus still an heir or has be become an inheritor and if so when? How can one be a heir to or inherit something he already possess?

4. Are we joint with him are we not? Yes; as so stated in Rom 8:17