1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question from recent posts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by loDebar, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because Satan wants to be like the Most High, hates God, and does his level best to sabotage everything God does...which Satan and his angels do everyday. They're on borrowed time, long leashes ( some would say short ones ), and they know that they have been defeated...but they're going to go down fighting anyway. To them, I imagine that levels of Hell don't really matter, as Hell was created specifically for them and they know where they are going. They don't have a choice...

Men left in their sins don't really love the God of all creation ( because they are still unregenerate and dead towards Him ), so their "choice" is to beg God for mercy, agree to do anything that He says to "get Him off their back" and out of Hell, and then go right back to their sins, hoping that God doesn't notice their "tiny infractions", which invariably show through no matter how "moral" they are. What's more is, they've already made their choice ( John 3:19-20 ), and what they deny, is that God knows the hearts and minds.

Religion at its finest.

Man's hard heart is untrustworthy...which is why it takes the power of God to do two things:

To overcome Satan's power, and the blindness and spiritual deadness in our natures.

But because He is willing to show His wrath and to make His power known, He leaves the lost in their sins and His power only brings His children to Himself when He calls them through His word and through His Spirit. Regeneration...turning the hearts of His people towards Him, one soul at a time. :)

I couldn't make this up if I tried, Mr. Mitchell,

It's way too detailed.
    I see this when I read God's word...but I didn't always; it took a long time for God to show me.

May He bless you in the knowledge of His grace, sir.

#101 Dave G, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Thessalonians 2:11 Please note that it will be God, and not satan, blinding them in end times, so would God be blinding them if His will was to have all be saved>

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That, too.

4. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Outstanding answer...............amen:D

Religion complicates salvation by too many do-do-do.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! One of my Seminary Professors used to say, "Christianity is not a "do do do" religion. Nor is it a "don't don't don't" religion. Christianity is an "already done" religion." When he said "it is finished" He meant it! :)

6. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly.................love the plain talk

τελέω- completed, executed, accomplished (*on earth)

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.