1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question on Reformed Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

The man's nature to be a rebel against God may be causing this issue for him. I am surprised no one just exhorts him to the Scripture that commands him to repent and believe the Gospel, regardless of how he reasons out the process. God works by means...and commands him and everyone to repent and believe the Gospel.

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

And I NEVER said you did either. I replied to this thread with what God SAID would happen if a man would search for Him with all their heart and it brought this sort of response from you.:eek:

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

God made a general statement to any man, not just a few.:godisgood:

Let me now ask, since God said, "Let us come and reason together"(Isaiah 1:18), why is it when some one tries to reason with God based upon His word, compared with man's theologies, is it OBJECTED that men should NEVER try to reason with God???

4. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Faith, the size of a mustard seed, can move mountains,

so how much "DOUBT" do you think it would take to stop it???

That was the message this person heard in the doctrine of "predestination", creating his "doubt".

He should have heard,

Ac 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Mt 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I agree. So does Calvinism. What's your point?

I am not sure you are using Isaiah 1:18 properly here. The point there is that man needs to accept his utter sinfulness, not that man needs to try to argue with God about something.

But I think we should reason using God's word, and submitting our reason to the truth of Scripture. I reject man's theologies.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Well taken I see.

Ok, I see why you choose to remain unsure, you think I said "come let us argue together" and I actually said that God said....

I know we should use God's word to reason with God, not as you said we should reason using God's word as a tool in our hands.

How can you submit to something you're already subjecting to others by your theology?

God typically is saying, "When you don't understand, come to me, although you will not understand everything, trust that I know what you need to understand. When your reasoning runs into a deadend, remember, my reasoning is life eternal."

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Unsure about what?

Not sure what your distinction here is. When we reason, we must do it in light of God's word and what he tells us.

Again, not sure what this means.

And where does God say this?

8. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

The saving grace of GOD is not a condition that one has to meet, but rather an evidence that you are one of his.
    I and others sometimes have our doubts to our salvation, but when in Church the Pastor preaches sound doctrine and in the spirit, you get a blessing that you can hardly contain. Wait to probably Monday or Tuesday, Satan won't to wrestle you with doubts.
    You are on the right path if you hunger and thirst after righteousness.