1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question on Revelation 4? Who are the 24 Elders??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 8, 2007.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

4Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits[a] of God. 6Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.
    In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." 9Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
    11"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
    to receive glory and honor and power,
    for you created all things,
    and by your will they were created
    and have their being."

Whow are the 24 Elders & who are these 4 living creatures? Thanks!!! I appreciate all your inputs on this!!!
    Also...members... on another note keep my wife in prayer. She doesnt want to come to church with me and its hard doing it alone but God is awesome and with him all things are possible.

2. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

The 24 Elders are representatives of the Church in Heaven. The Church is the called-out ones who were caught up to meet Him in the air prior to the 7 year tribulation period. The "creatures" are angels.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Tali, I understand exactly how you feel. I went to church alone for 4 years before my husband would go with me. He was saved while in Florida doing hurricane clean up 2 1/2 years ago. I wasn't even there when it happened, but I'm sure glad it did! It's hard going to church all alone, but hang in there. Your faith and behavior will have a huge influence on your wife.:)

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are the 24 Elders??

The chapter you cited tells us who they are; at least all we need to know about them (if that much, since literacy is not a requirement for salvation). Your question seems to assume they are, or have been, known as other persons-- is that what you intend?

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They are -- not Angels, not God and not People.

They ARE - intelligent beings in heaven around the throne of God -- who are loyal to God.

Other than that - I don't know that the Bible tells us any more.

And also (big hint to some ) they are not dead people that we are supposed to pray to...

In Christ,

Bob

6. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Thanks!! I am so happy that he is now going to church. It is SOOOO hard doing it alone. Its like.. she doesnt want at all to go with me...plus... when I go she is like why are you always at church. I try to explain things and I dont pressure her in anyway but everynight I hold her hand while she is sleeping and pray for her. I know its in Gods time and like for your husband it happened when you least expected it. Its just so hard!! Please keep her in prayer

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Tali, my husband said the same thing to me. "Why are you at church all the time?" I wasn't at church ALL the time. He was actually jealous! Now he knows why I was at church and understands why I was reading my Bible a lot. I'll keep you in my prayers. God does great things!

:1_grouphug:

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Lol... my wife says that... & I am like.. DUDE.. I only go on Sunday for 2 1/2 hours out of 168 hours in a week.. She gets jealous of Church its silly...