1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question posed to me on blocking

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Herald, Sep 10, 2013.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Lol! I see, you can call others on their posts as being ugly, yet when I call a gossipy hearsay op for what it is then it's wrong. I get it. Have you gone to those biblically who've offended you? Using your same standard there is no reason for you to comment as well.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This u-tube is becoming pretty handy. Make sure you speak into it.:thumbs:
    [​IMG]

You're full of yourself if you think this foolishness offends me. You got to do a whole lot better than some messageboard bullying to offend me.

And ain't no need to be trying to get all Biblical now after you've thrown cow manure at the man.

3. preacher4truth

Bro Zaac, you're still bringing denigrating remarks. Have you approached those who have offended you personally?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Apparently you don't. I didn't say anywhere that the OP wasn't gossip or hearsay. Nor did I say it wasn't wrong if that's what it was.

If that's what you felt it was, you could have said that and left it at that. But apprently that just wasn't good enough. Like the clique does, you got to make it personal and into some personal axe to grind against the individual.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You don't get to frame the conversation with me. If I'm ever offended, I'll let you know. So don't presume for a minute that I'm something that you need for me to be in order to try to make a point.:laugh:

Yep, confusion abounds as you apparently don't know what my standard is since you think my replies are out of offense.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

preacher4truth you're still confused if you think attaching a trait to me that ain't an issue is gonna help you make your point. So try another approach cause I might be a lot of things, but offended definitely ain't one of them.:laugh:

The manipulative talk doesn't work with me. The false witness talk gets nowhere as I know what I have said and what I have not.

6. preacher4truth

OK. I gave my opinion of the op and you continue to be inflammatory and denigrate. I've offered a biblical out to you 2 who are offended at others.

Blessings.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And why are you giving your opinion about the OP as opposed to what he said?

You accomplished that with your opinion ABOUT the OP.

What you've offered is fake piety in the midst of making accusations that I've already stated to be untrue, but you got to keep making them in order to give YOU an out.

10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. James 3:10

8. preacher4truth

Why am I giving my opinion? Seriously? I called the op for what I see it. And you continue to slander and denigrate, something you only accuse others of yet you do it unremittingly.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And now you can stop trying to play the victim. There may be some here who can't see through it, but I sure can.

if you thought the op was slander and gossip , you could have said THAT and left it at THAT.

But you went from your original statement to

All that about a person and not what he asked. So save the piety now.

#69 Zaac, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot read much of this thread because, ironically, about a handful of those posting in this thread are on my ignore list. But, based on what I can read I have determined that ridiculous threads like this get started only because someone has a personal preference they want to turn into a spiritual matter because they do not like something others are doing.

The best way to address this thread can best be communicated by saying:

Get over yourself.

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

^^^^:thumbs:

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You too?

I wish the mods would close this thread.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get it up to 10 pages & they will

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    10 post per page and after this one one we need 26 more posts. :thumbs:

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Joy.....however if Herald requests its demise.....

16. Herald

Herald New Member

I have that much power? You flatter me.

17. Herald

Herald New Member

u-tube. That is funny! LOL

18. Herald

Herald New Member

I have known my friend (from the OP) for about eight years. We became friends on another message board where no one blocks another user. He has visited the BB numerous times. In fact he visited this board years before I became a member. He is one of the least judgmental persons I know. There was a thread where a poster threatened to block another poster. In another thread a poster was bragging about blocking someone. In his opinion he thought that was a sad thing. I told him that I have a number of people blocked. I told him my reasons. Because he is a good friend he earned the right to tell me he thought I was over reacting and displaying some immaturity. We had a very "vigorous" exchange about that, but in the end he understood my reasons (although he did not agree).

However, his comments did make me think. Am I right to be blocking people that I have a difficult time conversing with; that cause me to sin (not the posters causing me to sin, but my reaction to them)? Oddly enough the over-the-top reaction by a few posters in this thread have done a good job helping me to be at peace with blocking. If it were not so sad I would find it comical that certain individuals have questioned my motives.

The OP did not seek to pass judgment on any person or air grievances. I simply stated what my friend said to me and asked for opinions on the merits of his argument. Some of you answered appropriately. Thank you. It is no surprise that those posters are some of the nicest people to dialog with on the BB.

#78 Herald, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Maybe his "friend" will show up and post.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeaaaaaaa, Naaaaaaaaaaa