1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question re; Your definition/understanding of "Works" and "Grace"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by terrence, Mar 2, 2010.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

HP said:

This is the Calvinist belief of Total Depravity. He will not because he cannot. You are saying the same thing in different words. It is simply a matter of semantics. You do believe in the Total Depravity of man, as much as you have denied it all these years.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no contradiction just because you believe there is. You are simply misunderstanding the post. There are no contradictory statements within the post. I asked some questions which must have put you on a spot.

And you replied;

I was not trying to make a case for Calvin. This is your misperception of the post. The post was not to defend Calvin but was to show you the error of your views. Maybe you are misreading the first part as "I believe and Calvin believes" adding an "and" to the sentence. I did not say I believe as Calvin believes, I said I believe Calvin also believes yada yada yada.........as you do.

Q1) Yes, However, the Father does need to draw and the Spirit convict prior to the sinner choosing to repent and believe.
    Q2) Yes, the Father must draw and the Spirit must convict prior to the sinner choosing and prior to regeneration upon the sinner's choice being yes to Jesus.

Are we clear now?

:jesus:

#142 steaver, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The Law could not save anyone for no one could keep it.

Hbr 8:7For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

If you believe it is possible for a person to keep God's commandments perfectly then you are in reality rejecting His word that says no one could.

My conclusions in light of scripture are dead on!

:jesus: