1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question(s) for pre-Trib Rapture Theorists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Feb 20, 2016.

1. vooks

vooks Active Member

Why in your opinion is First Resurrection associated with the beheaded saints?

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of the fact that they did not take the Mark of the Beast, which while our A-mil, Preterist, Idealist, and Historicist brethren view as symbolic and representative of evil deed (hand) and action (forehead, mind), I view to be a literal mark in a literal Seven Year Period prophesied in both Old and New Testaments.

Revelation 20

King James Version (KJV)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

As I told an A-Mil brother here recently, I wish I could embrace a view that removes this period as a literal event, but, I cannot. IT would be easier to take a view that simply views all Prophecy here as representative of the great battle of good versus evil, and that the tribulation depicted here is being carried out throughout history. Here we see they did not take the mark, and they did not worship the Beast, and they were killed for that reason.

That can only happen when the Beast is present and demanding worship, right?

God bless.

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

I mean, this is a resurrection involving those who were never beheaded and those who were beheaded. Why would it be identified by those who were beheaded?

A-mills are proof that you can make comedy out of anything including eschatology

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now where in anything I have said do you come up with this?

God bless.

5. vooks

vooks Active Member

Those who die naturally after you are raptured, I asked you when they resurrect and you said First Resurrection, but first resurrection is for those beheaded

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vooks, you need to place everything that has been said together.

You come up with this...

...after I have already told you that I view "beheading" to refer to death in general, rather than specifically taking someone's head off. Regardless, all in view would be dead.

It's really a simple teaching, the First Resurrection consists only of Tribulation Martyrs. That someone dies naturally is an attempt to ignore that simple fact. Any believer that dies in the Tribulation will likely be raised at the First Resurrection, and even if they are not...

...what point do you think you derive, and...

...how does that change what is stated in Revelation 20:4, and...

...when will you acknowledge that the First Resurrection is not the First Resurrection in meaning of Sequence?

We have first the Resurrection of Christ, that is the "First" in meaning of sequence, and then we have the resurrection and Rapture of the Two Witnesses.

If for some reason those who die naturally as believers are not resurrected in the First Resurrection, then we know that their resurrection will occur one thousand years later. It doesn't really impact the Rapture, because the First Resurrection is not the Rapture.

God bless.

7. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Since the rapture doesn't happen until the end of the tribulation the answer is no.

Matthew 13:39
    The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

8. vooks

vooks Active Member

Revelation 20:4 (KJV)
    ..... the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

The highlighted Are the participants in the First Resurrection @Darrell C.
    I was wondering whether there are other participants omitted or subtly included in this event, and you said there were.

If your views are misrepresented, profuse apologies.
    Is it possible that there is another class of resurrectees omitted in this expression but who participate in the event?

9. vooks

vooks Active Member

Thank you for passing by.

What do you think is being described in Rev 20:4?