1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Glory-to-God, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Can private messages be read by mods I heard they can ?

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why are you asking? Did you say something you are ashamed of? Did you say something you shouldn't have?

3. Marco

Marco Guest

I gather by that response they can.

4. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

We have a friend who is a moderator on a board ( not Christian ) ...we asked him and he said they can be read. So I assume that is true.

And no Larry I do not have a mean bone in my body...I believe everything we do or say should be done to glorify God and edify others !

Sharon

5. Marco

Marco Guest

I don't mind Private messages being read. For example, I recently wrote Glory and told her how much I enjoyed her on the Baptist Board. That she is a beautiful person and gives some good advice. Some of which I have taken. Sometimes I think she has been treated unfairly. She fights for what she believes in and I respect that.

My private messages are good I don't mind sharing.

(This thread is about to close...have a feeling [​IMG] )

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, if a private message can be read by outsiders (anyone other than the person sending and the person it's directed to), then it is not a private message.

7. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Thank You Marco [​IMG]

8. baptistcross

baptistcross Guest

Are you crazy Marco? **Bad choice of words--edited***I bet you are Glory-To-God. Ha!
    You wrote this about yourself didn't you?
    **Personal attack edited***What is the point of this thread? It's a baptist forum. Not a Glory-To-God let's talk about me all day **Choice of words edited***

[ November 20, 2005, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

9. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

:eek: :confused: :eek:

What does it take to ban someone on here ? certainly not being mean to people and breaking rules !

10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I don't think moderators can read PMs that aren't addressed to them. I was simply wondering what the issue was.

But whatever it is, calling someone a "thorn" and a "crazy woman" is out of line. Let's do better than that.

11. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Larry you are a moderator why is this guy Baptist Cross allowed to swear at people and call them names and you do nothing....read the guys last 5 post where he puts people down. I thought this was a Christian board ? is it or isn't it? Or is he a tool?

I tend to believe our friend who said PM's can be viewed by those who are in charge of the board. That is how they keep predators away.

12. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Glory-to-God is Ok.

13. Elnora

Elnora New Member

But your ok and not mean. Your attack on a member was deleted. [​IMG] :rolleyes:

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

But not in this forum. I can't edit anything in this forum. I did question his name calling. I did not see him swear, nor have I seen him post anything else.

You certainly can believe whatever you like. That doesn't make it true. I do not believe that moderator's can read private messages. I certainly have never been able to, nor had any need or desire to. We don't need to read PMs to keep predators away from teh board.

I suggest that if you have questions this, you PM the webmaster about it.

15. baptistcross

baptistcross Guest

Glory-to-God

[Poor choice of words, edited] Enough. You have caused more trouble than anyboy. Everybody happy.

Edited by Frogman

[ November 20, 2005, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Frogman ]

16. baptistcross

baptistcross Guest

Post deleted
    a repeat of previous post and inappropriately addressed.

A more Christian attitude is desirable for all posters and members of this board adn forum.

Bro. Dallas

[ November 20, 2005, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Frogman ]

17. Marco

Marco Guest

This is absolutely unacceptable. It's not my board and I'm a guest, but this treatment is not a good Christian attitude. I know, it's judgment and God forgive me for being so direct. This is not a way to treat a woman nor anybody else.

18. Rachel

Rachel New Member

It's also a shame not everyone got to see G-T-G's post before it was deleted. Real nice. :mad: :(

19. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Elnora whoever you are....don't lie ! I never had anything deleted. Where are you guys coming up with this stuff? My posts and conduct speak for themselves.

What are you a "tool" like this guy is above. Keep scaring good people away...that is all you will accomplish. Proverbs 18:7 " A FOOLS MOUTH IS HIS UNDOING "

Larry he called Madonna a whore and has used lots of crude words. Not that I am a fan of Madonna or anything. Who side are you on anyway ?...if this is your guys way of getting rid of me won't work.

20. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Post deleted for accusation and (not) edifying.
    Bro. Dallas

[ November 21, 2005, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Frogman ]