1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions for Pastoral Candidates

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rlvaughn, Jun 17, 2019.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Questions for Pastoral Candidates by Paul Alexander of Grace Covenant Church in Elgin, Illinois presents 22 questions for pastoral candidates and asks if you can think of more. Here are the first six:
    What do you think of these 22 questions? What questions would you add that are not present? Which questions, if any, would you strike from the 22 by Alexander?

2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These are all good questions. I suppose issue oriented questions could be asked given the contemporary intersection between faith and society. For instance:

Where do you stand on complementarianism? Give a Biblical defense of your view.

How should the church respond to the Social Justice Movement?

What is your position on the Charismatic or sign gifts? Provide Biblical support.

What is your approach to corporate worship?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm,is it just me but why are their no outright questions of the basic fundamentals.

e,g.
    What is your definition of the Trinity.

I was amazed the other night surfing the ethernet with ROKU the hundreds of church and religious sites where an "evangelical" teacher of biblical prophesy gave a modalist definition of the Trinity.

another:
    what is meant by the verbal plenary inspired infallible inerrant scriptures.

what is your understanding of the hypostatic union... etc, etc

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What stood out to me is what seemed to be the appearent absance of any questions related to the requirments the Apostle Paul gave Timthy and Titus. Such a wife and his children (1 Timothy 3:5; Titus 1:6). The candidate's children would, I would think, need to have been known the that local congragation in some way.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Power struggles are the bane of many churches, so as Pastor of this church, to you report to the elected leaders of the membership, and/or to the members, or only to God.

6. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Are you just telling this board what you think it wants to hear?"
    (sorry ... guess I've just seen one too many transformations after the fact.) :(