1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions Preterist MUST deal with to Fit the 70 A.D. Theory

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, Oct 3, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    revmac....maybe you noticed these verses also????
    They did not seem to be on your list!

3. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

I love how you keep your debates on an intellectual, theological level instead of resorting to liberal-like character attacks & name calling.:rolleyes: If you can't beat 'em, marginalize their position to preserve the integrity of your own ideology.

You seem to be guilty of the same willful ignorance by ignoring every single statement Christ makes regarding the time of the coming judgement against Israel. He was not speaking of His return & recreation of the universe; only of the coming judgement against Israel.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The most important verse concerning the time of his return is here:

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matthew 24:36)

5. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we know that before he returns there will be great tribulation, the sun will not shine, the moon not give off light, the stars will fall, then the Son of Man will appear and all of the tribes of the earth will mourn.

None of this has happened yet. It all comes down to taking the word of the Bible seriously, which the preterist does not do.

6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You didn't go back far enough they were addressed.

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Christ said the Jews would be judge but for the topic we are addressing we need not discuss. The point is Jesus said all would be fufilled before the generation that was alive when it all occured would pass away.

8. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to be unkind but personally, I don't care what you believe, however this is a discussion forum where we discuss things of a theological nature from a Biblical standpoint. I many times get the impression that you and your fellow preterists have it as your mission to get the unwashed dispies to see the light so to speak. For you and your brethern to get all emotional because you are not getting your way with the implication that we are simply and willfully hard-headed is quite humorous.

Your entire theological system is dependent on the preterist time text theory at the expense of many details which you simply ignore. Your system has zero historical backing and it relies on subjective interpretations that lack a consistent set of rules. No one would ever read the Bible alone (sola scriptura) and come to the prerequisite covenant (works/redemption/grace) position much less the preterist position which if it were not so tragic, it would be funny. I persoanlly believe the entire preterist position is the result of a desire to be considered the smartest man in the room.

By the way, answering questions by posting hyperlinks or quoting verbatum from supreme goofball Gary Demar is not discussion and doesn't help your cause one bit.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?????

Your imagination must run wild. How else could someone come up with this sort of irrelevant rambling?

#49 kyredneck, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the sun stops shining there'll be no mourning.......they'll all be dead.

This is hyperbole; the same sort of hyperbole used in Hebrews to signify the very same event, THE PUTTING AWAY OF THE OLD TO BRING IN THE NEW. The light of the Old Covenant would cease to shine, i.e., the consummation of the age.

26 whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more will I make to tremble not the earth only, but also the heaven.
    27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that have been made, that those things which are not shaken may remain.
    28 Wherefore, receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us have grace, whereby we may offer service well-pleasing to God with reverence and awe:
    29 for our God is a consuming fire. Heb 12

READ TRIBES OF THE LAND, i.e. JEWS. Mourning as in:

11 And I say unto you, that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven:
    12 but the sons of the kingdom shall be cast forth into the outer darkness: there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. Mt 8

28 There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and yourselves cast forth without.
    29 And they shall come from the east and west, and from the north and south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. Lu 13

#50 kyredneck, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  11. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

When Paul is talking about the whole world as he knows it, when God is talking about loving the world He is not limited by all Paul know as world, but all He knows as world.

It is just like when Paul tells Timothy that God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Paul is not talking about all He knows, but all God knows the key word is knowledge of the truth, that holds them back that all does not come.

John 6:
    45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’[Isaiah 54:13] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

John 15:15
    I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Matthew 11:
    28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

#51 psalms109:31, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011