1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quick Question

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by jRich, Feb 25, 2004.

1. jRich

jRich New Member

I manage the website for my church. Recently, I downloaded Avantgo for my pda. I decided to create a channel for my PDA. Do you think it would be beneficial to include a salvation message in/on the channel seeing as how the majority of the users would already be saved?

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Sharing the Gospel is always beneficial. You just never know who needs to hear it.

There are lost people who need to hear it a Christians who need to hear it again.

3. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Speaking as a web site usability analyst (this is my job, bro), I must ask you, how do you know the majority of users will be saved?

Have you checked the referrer logs to see where site visitors are coming from?

Don't even assume that most church members are saved. Some are real good at playing the part.

If you are pretty sure users are saved, give tips on witnessing to others. Or some meatier scripture mini-lesson, or a quote that changes every day or week, from My Utmost For His Highest, or other good Christian maturity books.

Experiment. I'm not into PDA usage analysis, I analyze web sites for usability characteristics.

Do you know of IFC? Internet for Christians may have better advice for you. That's ifc.gospelcom.net and they should have more specific answers for you there. bless you for doing what yr doing.

4. jRich

jRich New Member

Thanks, I'll look them up..