1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quick Wedding Question

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by mckestev, Aug 27, 2011.

1. mckestev

mckestev New Member

This is probably an odd question, but I am unable to get anyone I know on the phone to help me with it right now. When a Pastor officiates a wedding and the marriage certificate asks for the church, religion, or civil authority, do I put the local congregation that licensed me, or the denomination (in my case Southern Baptist Convention)?

Again, I know it is a strange question, but help a young preacher out.

#1 mckestev, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would list the church with which you are currently affiliated. The SBC itself does not officially authorize/ordain ministers.

3. RG2

RG2 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Usually it's congregation though here in Texas I don't even think it requires that. You can simply put that your a minister. You might want to check with your state about all the regs though, I know some places you actually have to be registered with the county or state before you can perform marriages.