1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quote from Hudson Taylor

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Tom Bryant, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Found this from a letter from our missionaries in a frontier country. It's a great quote from an amazing man.
    "We did not come to China because missionary work here was either safe or easy, but because He had called us. We did not enter upon our present positions under a guarantee of human protection, but relying on the promise of His presence. The accidents of ease or difficulty, of apparent safety or danger, of man's approval or disapproval, in no wise affect our duty. Should circumstances arise involving us in what may seem special danger, we shall have grace, I trust, to manifest the depth and reality of our confidence in Him, and by faithfulness to our charge to prove that we are followers of the Good Shepherd who did not flee from death itself..."
    J. Hudson Taylor

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent! If a believer considers the hardships and is deterred from following God's call, he has taken his hand from the plow and proves himself not worthy.

Many years ago an old man came up to me at a church where I was presenting our ministry to Japan and said, "I was called to be a missionary when I was young, but I rejected God's call. I wasted my life, and I've regretted it ever since."

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

As they say on Facebook, "LIKE!":applause: