1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R. C. Sproul ?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by apeman, Jun 29, 2001.

1. apeman

apeman Guest

Howdy,

Got handed a bunch of preaching tapes this AM ... all from the tape of the month club of R. C. Sproul.

Should I listen? What should I watch out for?

2. CorpseNoMore

CorpseNoMore New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Theological Neophyte:
    Howdy, Got handed a bunch of preaching tapes this AM ... all from the tape of the month club of R. C. Sproul.

Should I listen? What should I watch out for?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes by all means! R.C. Sproul is one of the most trustworthy theologians in America. The only note of caution, for Baptists, is that Sproul is a Presbyterian, which means he advocates the baptism of infants. In spite of this flaw, he is as conservative and orthodox a theologian as you'll find.

Besides that, Baptists shouldn't be afraid to look at the infant baptism question, because (1) Baptists have always claimed to be people of "the book," so we should look at every issue that comes along to see if indeed it does have biblical support, and (2) we'll not know how to answer our critics, nor inform our fellow Baptists if we do not know what is at issue with infant vs. believer's baptism.\

With a person like Sproul who is frequently published and has a wide radio presense, the question of infant baptism is going to come up rarely in the broad range of issues he covers. So enjoy, and grow in the knowledge of our most Holy faith!

cordially,

CNM