1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Racial Evolution 101.2

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by jcrawford, Mar 26, 2004.

1. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

"It appears as if the posterior molar or wisdom-teeth were tending to become rudimentary in the more civilised races of man. These teeth are rather smaller than the other molars, as is likewise the case with the corresponding teeth in the chimpanzee and orang; and they have only two separate fangs....

In the Melanian races, on the other hand, the wisdom-teeth are usually furnished with three separate fangs, and are generally sound; they also differ from the other molars in size, less than in the Caucasian races. Schaaffhausen accounts for this difference between the races by "the posterior dental portion of the jaw being always shortened" in those that are civilised and this shortening may, I presume, be attributed to civilised men habitually feeding on soft, cooked food, and thus using their jaws less."

- Charles Darwin, "THE DESCENT of MAN, and Selection in Relation to Sex." Princeton University Press, 1981, Chapter 1, Page 26
    ===============

1. What further evolutionary associations may we 'safely' presume from these racial observations about the 'different' capacities exhibited by various Humans around the world to chew?

2. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

You are trying to show that Darwin was racist using a quote where he says the teeth of "civilised races of man" are closer to apes than the teeth of "the Melanian races?" I don't get it.

Furthermore, observation shows that blacks and whites do indeed have dental differences. What is racist about pointing that out?

But I still want to hear how Homo rudolfensis is fully human, especially with that brain 50 - 60 % the size of a modern humans.

I still want you to tell me which of the species I have listed for you are human and which ones are non-human apes.

I still want to see your citation for where scientists are dropping the fossil record as a means of showing man's common ancestry with the other apes.

I still want to understand why Australiopithicus leaving modern looking footprints is a problem since its skeleton indicated that it had a bipedal gait and should leave footprints that would look like ours..

I want to know what was significant about that list of fossils you made earlier today, with one hoax thrown in for good measure.

Have you ever read any part of Darwin's writings other than what you find quoted on YEC web sites?

And you have yet to explain your logic of why slandering Darwin makes a hill of beans difference in whether the actual data, and my list of questions you are avoiding appears to be growing long, indicates evolution or not in a way that makes any sense.

3. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

UTEOTW:

"You are trying to show that Darwin was racist using a quote where he says the teeth of "civilised races of man" are closer to apes than the teeth of "the Melanian races?" I don't get it.

Furthermore, observation shows that blacks and whites do indeed have dental differences. What is racist about pointing that out?"
    ==================================

Nothing, as long as you're not attempting to prove that any Human Race or Species ever descended from non-human ape-like creatures in Africa like Darwin was.

that observation doesn't lead you believe

4. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

But I still want to hear how Homo rudolfensis is fully human, especially with that brain 50 - 60 % the size of a modern humans.

I still want to see your citation for where scientists are dropping the fossil record as a means of showing man's common ancestry with the other apes.

I still want to understand why Australiopithicus leaving modern looking footprints is a problem since its skeleton indicated that it had a bipedal gait and should leave footprints that would look like ours..

I want to know what was significant about that list of fossils you made earlier today, with one hoax thrown in for good measure.

Have you ever read any part of Darwin's writings other than what you find quoted on YEC web sites?

And you have yet to explain your logic of why slandering Darwin makes a hill of beans difference in whether the actual data, and my list of questions you are avoiding appears to be growing long, indicates evolution or not in a way that makes any sense.

5. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

UTE:

"Have you ever read any part of Darwin's writings other than what you find quoted on YEC web sites?"
    ============

I don't have to go to YEC websites. I've got Darwin's Descent of Man in my very own sticky and greedy fingers and I read it every day.

His books are in the public domain and one can copy excerpts from them with the greatest of Internet ease.

6. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Glad you've read them. More than you can say most of the time when a YECer quotes a scientist.

7. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

I'm not a YECer although I do believe in ID.

8. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Then what exactly are you?

A lot of IDers accept common descent, including for humans. Behe for example. I'd like to understand exactly what your position is. Your not YEC. So you are an old earther? Who doesn't accept evolution? We is your position?

9. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

Since Time is "relative" according to Einstein I differentiate between observable and recorded Earth-time in History, and imaginary Space-Time based on the Speed of Light as a given Constant.

Everyone has the right to consider the morphological 'evidence' and phrenological 'claims' which anthropaleontologists have presented to the public in skillful drawings, paintings and plaster-cast exhibitions as 'evidence' of Human evolution for over 100 years now, and to draw their own conclusions and form their own opinions about the 'data' used as 'evidence.'

Even Time can 'fly' when your having fun.

10. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

jcrawford

Are you playing games with me? Do you really believe what you are posting? You seem like you are playing games. And enjoying it.

If not, could you answer specifically what you think about the age of theearth, the universe, common descent, and whatever else might be helpful in understanding where you are coming from. You are a very cofusing person. And I do not mean any of that as an insult. You seem like you may be one of those intelligent peeple who enjoy messing with people.

11. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

I enjoy watching false idols topple like Saddam Hussein recently almost as much as I enjoy deconstructing evolutionists. I also enjoy reading creative and interpretive writings like Darwin's racial thesis on man.

I only mess with people who historically confuse Humans with non-human African apes on the basis of Darwin's original racial associations and assertions.

I have no idea how old the earth is or the age of the universe either any more than you do. As for our common descent from African treetops once upon a time so very long ago - it sounds like modern mythology or an adult fairy tale.

12. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

So, can you give me your short history of the world in a paragraph or two so that I know what I am dealing with?

Even if Darwin was racist, the evidence has moved far beyond what Darwin had on hand. The fossil and genetic evidence, for example, clearly show us to be apes and to have evolved from an ape ancestor and is information that was unavailable to Darwin.

There is no fairy tale involved.

13. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

UTEOTW:
    My short history of the world began in March, 1941. In 1963 I moved from Toronto to NYC and read a lot of books and stories about world history and "the world we live in." It's all in the mind, you know, so that's what you're dealing with.

The human 'evidence' has only been moved to the 'species' level lately as a result of the disastrous consequences of Darwin's thinking about human evoltion in racial terms. There is no fossil and genetic evidence which clearly show us to be apes and to have evolved from an ape ancestor. That's evolutionary propaganda if not a fairy tale.

It would be interesting to follow up on the evolution of Darwin's original racial theories and date the replacement of his racial types with human speciation in the historical evolutionary literature. Darwin wrote a lot about the problem of human speciation.

I'll post something on it soon.

14. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

What about what you think happened in the world in areas germane to the discussion before you were born?

And I have already shown that you are an ape. You have done nothing to dispute the fossil, genetic or morphological evidnece that we descended from an ape.

15. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

Depends what history books you read. Human history or natural history. I prefer biographic and geographic history to biological and geological fantasy and science fiction.

Why should I dispute something that isn't there?

Here's a peom:

Found Darwin's ape-man yesterday.
    Twas in his mind, I'm sad to say.
    From "savage races" in Africa
    He thought he was a Pitheca.

I love reading Darwin. He's so imaginative and creative in his writing.

Better than Jules Verne, H. G. Welles and Arthur Conan Doyle put together.

16. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Let me know when you are interested in having a discussion.

Slandering a dead white guy by using 21st century morality on a 19th century person, quoting respected scientists out of context, and generally avoiding any kind of actual debate or even simple questions seems to be your MO. If you ever want to actually debate, let me know. I have asked you a simple question about what you believe four times and you can only answer with unrelevant gibberish. You have not even attempted to answer the legitimate questions I have presented to you based on what you previously posted. And you seem to enjoy coy, half answers. This is getting no where fast.

17. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

I'll discuss Darwinian racial evolution anytime, anywhere and with anyone.

I thought that was the topic we were discussing.

Seriously.

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I agree, topic closed.
    Gina