1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Racist Reagan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Agent47, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone who is not a far left Dem is a racist. Even Uncle Joe is a racist. (I hope that doesn't violate nicknames. It's what many of his own followers call him.)

2. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One question not being considered here. Is there a difference between one making a racist inappropriate statement as compared to being defined as an actual racist?

How could there be any difference? Simple. Some kids challenge their parents at times and ask, "Are you calling me a liar?" I think a parent can rightly say to their kid if they know they have and say, "No I'm not saying you're a liar from the standpoint of an established character, so no I'm not. But that actual thing you said was a lie!"

I think to call, label and define somebody as racist somethings in all fairness there should be a lot of slack cut towards one who one day made a mistake who maybe said something or did something which was outside their normal usual character. What one looks for is a pattern of being condescending. Sadly it seems we don't live in a world which does that any more.

One wrong word stated and people will seek to destroy you. If we choose to lean towards mercy and wanting to believe the best of people we can consider perhaps that person had a bad day....they were upset or tired and being in such a state they said something stupid. A merciful heart looks and tries to minimize the mistake knowing we all can make one in a time of being upset. So yes if the tape was genuine I'd consider the clip would be a racist comment BUT such doesn't mean the person was a racist. I like to show more mercy than that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even far left Nancy got the label. But do they try to make it stick to their own? Hardly.

The “Uncle Joe” is meant to sound endearing—like “Grandfather Lenin” and “Uncle Stalin.”

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your sentiments may be worth consideration, but expect deaf ears. The progressive left thrives on witch hunting. They will find what isn’t even there, or what they planted to frame you. Like I said, this had zero to do with Trump, yet the article was aimed squarely at him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 9:40 PM Pacific.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord!

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist