1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rand Paul wins Senate Nonimation - Spector looses in PA

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 19, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Specter's loss may be bad news for the GOP. As I recall, he looked very beatable in the General.

A friend texted me last night re: Rand - "How can a son of a 20something year veteran of the house who supposedly is an outsider and for term limits get elected as a newbie?"
    Fair point, though I don't hold Ron against Rand.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You haven't seen anything yet. The old division of Republican vs Democrat is dead. It is now establishment vs Constitutional government. People are sick and tired of subsidizing those who will not produce, those who will not save for retirement, and the general run of the mill lazy trash that will not support themselves. SInce you like politics so much, take note of the numbers received by the Republican candidate supported by Mitch McConnell, the consumate politician.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Its open season on incumbents. Good for these voters. Let's get 'em all out of office and start over! :)

Best news of my morning, hearing that Senator Spector got his comeuppance.

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My idea is that half should be voted for and the other half should be drafted, not unlike the way we do jury duty now.

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe if we required the children (and grandchildren) of all politicians to compulsory military service in the infantry and other frontline divisional activities our leaders would be a bit more reticent about sending other people's children into war. :thumbsup:

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I get sick and tired of this dumb kind of thinking.
    I could also say if your father was a truck driver than his child (thats you) should be required to walk at least one mile every day on the shoulder of a busy highways he drives on. That way your father would become a safer driver, because he would not want to take the chance of hitting you.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My guess is that 90% + of the posters on this board never spent one day in service to this country.