1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rangel Shares Kerry Opinion of Troops

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 28, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Personally I believe Charles Rangel is a traitor and is guilty of treason. Keep in mind what I posted about him a few days ago. Rangel has questioned why we even need troops. His positions on the military should cause his district to (a) recall him, (b) impeach him, or (c) not re-elect him. We don't need people like Rangel in government. While I don't like John Kerry that much I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think he meant to say what he said. It maybe how he feels, maybe not, but I don't believe he meant to actually say it in public. Either way Kerry has sunk his political career. He did this by (a) losing in 2004 and (b) his comments on education and the military.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Anyone who goes into harm's way so that the oil barrons can get richer is either very well paid, can't get a better job, or not thinking clearly.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone finally woke up,but it's understandable that it took a while since Rangels remarks were hardly reported at all.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200611/POL20061129a.html

Apologize for Draft Remarks, American Legion Tells Rangel

By Randy Hall
    CNSNews.com Staff Writer/Editor
    November 29, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - The leader of the American Legion is calling on Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) to apologize for his latest remarks regarding the reinstatement of the military draft. Rangel suggested that American troops would not choose to fight in Iraq if they had other opportunities.

"If a young fellow has an option of having a decent career or joining the Army to fight in Iraq, you can bet your life that he would not be in Iraq," Rangel said during last weekend's Fox News Sunday program.

"If there's anyone who believes these youngsters want to fight, as the Pentagon and some generals have said, you can just forget about it," Rangel added. "No young, bright individual wants to fight just because of a bonus and just because of education benefits."

However, Paul Morin, national commander of the American Legion, responded Tuesday by alleging that "Congressman Rangel's view of our troops couldn't be further from the truth and is possibly skewed by his political opposition to the war in Iraq."

"I call on Congressman Rangel to not only apologize to our troops, but to also fight for pay increases and make significant improvements to the current G.I. Bill - reserves and guard included - as he prepares for a party chairmanship in the 110th Congress," Morin said in a statement.