1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture Alert?! April 23 The End?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TheThirdAngel144, Apr 22, 2018.

1. TheThirdAngel144

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

No man knows the day or the hour.

With that said, what is the foundation all this pre, mid, and post tribulation rapture theology is based on? Is ANY of it true? Check out the video.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I’m Pan Mil. IE.... It is all in God’s hands so it will all pan out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The purpose of one teaching a Christian will be going through the tribulation is part of the "You better be found each day obeying the Law or you will be damned to hell".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheThirdAngel144

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He that saith he knows Christ, but does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them. If you can't stop lying, committing adultery, stealing, etc. you have a problem of which only Christ can remedy. If you do not believe Christ can help you overcome these things, then you have a form of godliness which denies the power thereof. Love is power, and Christlike love will cause you to stop breaking the law. Of course sanctification is the work of a lifetime, so overcoming some traits are harder than others. But he who thinks they don't have to overcome their evil traits because they're "trying to keep the law if they do" will end up lost if they do not repent of their displeasure of heavens law.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prefer learning about the saving grace and the love of God. Anyway the Law is dead. It has been replaced by Christ the Lord.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Could you give a list of heavens law for us that Christians must keep or be damned to hell?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steve, don’t worry. The rapture is tomorrow. I’m just wondering why I was up on my roof, patching leaks... :Wink

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

The 23rd??
    Why couldnt it be a week before tax day?

9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one knows the time or date. Remember Brother Campy? He had to revise his "predictions" time and time again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rapture Alert?! April 23 The End?

I could use it today; don't want to work tomorrow with a bad back. But, que sera sera.

11. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the rapture happens on the last day, just after the resurrection of the dead. So there is nothing left needing fulfillment before it happens. It could be today!

12. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this mean that I missed the Rapture ... again? Dang.

I think there are some Coptic Christians (among others, like the Sudanese) that you would be hard pressed to convince that the rapture comes before Christians have to suffer Tribulation ... martyrs stacked like firewood suggest otherwise.

13. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Rapture is a resurrection of the dead...the dead in Christ.

It was something Paul yearned for:

2 Corinthians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

God bless.

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” (1 Corinthians 15:51–52) (KJV 1900)

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I predict the rapture will happen on Feb 31, 2113

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there something in that you think teaches The Rapture takes place at the end?

The only resurrections listed in Revelation are the resurrection (and Rapture) of the Two Witnesses (not a resurrection of both the living and dead in Christ), the resurrection of the Tribulation Martyrs (not a resurrection of both the living and dead in Christ), and the resurrection of the dead at the Great White Throne judgment.

None of these correlate to Paul's teaching:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
    King James Version (KJV)

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Because the Church as a whole is caught away, it is impossible to impose the Rapture at the end of the Tribulation, because Revelation 20 makes it clear that there will be, after the Millennial Kingdom, unbelievers, which are descendants of those who do live through the Tribulation and enter the Kingdom (only those who are born again, saved during the Tribulation).

We can't make "the first resurrection" the Rapture, because only believers are raised at that time (these are they who died during the Tribulation).

So the only possible timing of the Rapture is of course prior to the Tribulation.

That is why Paul yearned for the Rapture, to receive that body which is incorruptible and immortal.

Of course, Paul understood the Mystery of the Rapture, so it is understandable that those who do not would be confused about some very clear and simple teachings in the Word of God.

;)

God bless.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Paul says it happens after the resurrection on the Last Day.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Last day" is not in the text, the "last trump" is in the text. And it can't happen after the resurrection, the Rapture is a Resurrection.

;)

The Last Trump pertains to the last calling of the Church. It is not the Last Trumpet Judgment (which would put us more in the middle of the Tribulation) because that does not take place at the last day.

I would also point out that there are more than one "last days" to address. There will be a last day for this Age, a last day for the Tribulation, and a last day for the Millennial Kingdom. Some prophecies can have application to more than one.

Okay, until the points and Scripture are actually addressed, I will probably not continue in this discussion. Nothing can be accomplished with Bible-Pong if the Word of God itself is not examined.

Hope you, and everyone here has a blessed day in the Lord.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it could be any day now except the 31st of February.