1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture and $$$

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right after the rapture, do you think there will be a world wide economic financial crisis? If so how long would it last?

Salty

PS If you are not pre-trib - please just look - and don't type

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Maybe it should be noted that one can be pre-trib, without believing in the rapture. So maybe you meant those that believe the church is raptured, need only to reply. :)

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Whew! I'm so glad that at least this thread is not starting out as a front to bash dispensationalism or the rapture view. Please, please, please let us discuss and debate this in peace!! Thank you in advance to those who do not believe in the rapture! :wavey:

I think that if there is a crisis, things will get back to normal quickly. Or the "beast" will use the crisis as a way to get power and promise to make everything alright.

4. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

I really don't think there will be an economic crisis, maybe an economic hiccup, but not a crisis. It will take a couple of weeks to sort everything out, liquidate estates and assets, pay creditors and distribute the left-overs, and have memorial services. After a month, the shocked masses will slip back into their daze.

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

I think it will take more than a month but it will definately subside to the point where all would be stable enough tobring into being as well as maintian an empire with finacial, military, and religious might to hold it together.

Not sure what you're looking for exactly Salty, care to elaborate a little more?

6. lbaker

lbaker New Member

I don't see how there could be anything other than a total long term breakdown in society, a "permanent" change, if things worked out to fit the pre-trib scenario.

(I'm something like 99% not pre-trib or whatever but still would like to be part of the "what if" discussion."

7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't believe there will be a rapture but I will envision the world if there were one. First it might be nice to determine the number of born again christians that will be rapture (if we are pretrib). That will give us an idea of the effect of people missing all of the sudden. Many people use the idea that two are in a field and one is taken etc. Then it seems by the verse that not there is not much consern but if there is indeed a lot of people that all of a sudden disappear things must grind to a halt planes may fall out of the sky, powerplants may overheat, accidents on highways. All these things will cause an effect on the economy.

8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well according to the scriptures we can be assurred there will be economic chaos.

See: II Left Behind 2:11 :smilewinkgrin:

Rob