1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture as fictitious as Sunday-sacredness

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quoting:

"(3) Amillennialism – this view also interprets the “thousand years” symbolically, but, ulike the pre and post views, not as a golden age on earth. This view believes the millennium is the period of Christ’s rule in heaven and on earth through His Church. This is because the saints who reign with Christ and to whom judgment has been committed are said to be on their thrones in heaven. Rev. 20:4; cf. 4:4; 11:16. During this time, satan is bound and cannot hinder the spread of the gospel. Rev. 20:3."

Roughly speaking, this is my conviction too. It is to Christ's glory completely, and shows faith in His Church despite its shortcomings and sins. I prefer it above all else - which is to say - I deeply love it! It is an inspiring truth of faith; it goes hand in hand with the truth and faith of the resurrection at Jesus soon coming. May God hold me firm in this Faith - 'the faith of our fathers'!

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

There's just so much wrong with the a-mill view, but let's just look at this point:

If Satan is bound now when will he be loosed for a season and who will he deceive at that time?

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    First answer the question whether satan is bound or not? If not, then did Jesus not conquer through resurrection from the dead; who holds the key of the realm of the dead now? Not Jesus Christ? Doesn't the Scriptures say satan was seen falling like lightning in defeat? Is the Gospel being proclaimed? Then how can satan not be bound for the time the Gospel will be proclaimed? Is there still good upon the earth, and is it possible now to have and practice one's Christian Faith? Then isn't the devil bound? He is a vanquished enemy! Jesus rules, and rules supreme King of the Kingdom of God upon this earth TODAY - or we have been deceived all along and God must be a liar, God forbid!

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Gerhard you are the one that says the a-mill view is correct, so just answer the question. If Satan is already bound, then when will he be loosed for a season and who will he deceive at that time?

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    IN Rev 1 (BEFORE the second coming is described) Jesus is said to hold the keys of death. In 1Cor 15 and in Romans 8 we are told that we are WAITING for His coming and the redemption of the body - RAISED at that time in physical immortal form.

Do you SEE YOUR body being "immortal"? No? Must not have been RAISED to life at the coming of the Lord --- yet.

(BTW I am starting to get the impression that differing with GE is fundamental requirement of good Bible scholarship).

Heb 4:1-2 "The Gospel was preached to US JUST as it was to THEM ALSO" that means the ONE Gospel is preached in BOTH the OT and NT times -- Hint: Satan was around.

Also the Gospel was preached in Acts 2 -- is that "after the 1000 years" according to you??

There was "Good on earth" as we see in Heb 11 of the OT saints -- but that did not mean "Satan was bound".

But if you are free to "make stuff up" then...
    More Bible. Less fable please.

In Christ,

Bob

6. hill

hill New Member

So is everyone on this board. But you can't get any two to agree on anything, especially if they are Baptists.

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I am just wondering how many sat down and studied the "rapture" (1Thess 4:17 the "catching away" of people). Its pretty awesome, but one thing its not and thats fictitious. I tend to beileve it will be somewhere after the son of perdition is reavealed and sits in the temple.

2Thess. 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This also points to the mid trib rapture.
    Any how in James 1:5 it says if any man lacks wisdom he can ask God and He will help you. If one decides to study the End times and everything that will happen it is wise to pray before opening the bible to read, but of course it is wise to always pray before study. Right? :smilewinkgrin:

Have a nice day~ :flower:

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One could add more volumes to the innumarable already out there around these arguments, to no avail, because everyone believes what he has been indoctrinated with his whole life with.

I shall hold myself prophet and without fear predict, therefore: That since Jesus Christ is Victor supreme over all powers and authorities since His resurrection from the dead, He shall come again, and raise all the dead at once, and shall separate the lost from the saved, and shall condemn the damned and shall send them into everlasting oblivion through hell, and shall create this earth new, and the saved shall be where Christ is for evermore. Whatever may happen in between shall be as nothing and shallnot steer Him from course. Be not deceived, he that believes in the Son in Him already has passed through the judgement through the judgement that had come upon the LOrd of our salvation - there fore have no fear, He who has the Son has LIFE - everlasting life, hid in God and Christ - the devil himself cannot wrest it from His hand, nor death or hell, for they are all vanquished, powerless, virtually dead already and kept in the pit until their final destruction when Christ shall come again.

All that now matters, is that Christ shaal come again - the rest only shall be necessary consequence - every aspect of it in the almighty hand of God and according to His eternal predestination. So come on life, the believer in the Victor is fully equiped to meet ya face to face!

It's so good to be a Calvinist : Leave everything to God, and do your duty, that's it!

9. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Gee Bob, that's what I normally think about you.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quoting BobR, "IN Rev 1 (BEFORE the second coming is described) Jesus is said to hold the keys of death."
    Do you mean Jesus never held those keys before then?

Quoting again, "Do you SEE YOUR body being "immortal"? No? Must not have been RAISED to life at the coming of the Lord --- yet."
    Jesus tells me that His will not see death - they have eternal life already and shall never die or enter judgement - they have the Son; they have eternal life though this body of death is going to perish (all the time is perishing already).

Q: "(BTW I am starting to get the impression that differing with GE is fundamental requirement of good Bible scholarship)."
    I am not a scholar. I think of people like Karl Barth as a scholar.

Q: "Heb 4:1-2 "The Gospel was preached to US JUST as it was to THEM ALSO" that means the ONE Gospel is preached in BOTH the OT and NT times -- Hint: Satan was around."
    Who says he wasn't? Did he all time rule? He has never ruled because he was a conquered foe from the beginning. When Jesus triumphed in resurrection from the dead, he triumphed over all enemies of Life. Satan since has been a doubly vanquished 'enemy' - an 'enemy' not even worth the description 'enemy'!

Q: "Also the Gospel was preached in Acts 2 -- is that "after the 1000 years" according to you??"

Double question mark; double affirmative answer: Not according to me; but according to the Scriptures, the Gospel IS BEING preached IN and DURING the '1000 years'.

Q: "There was "Good on earth" as we see in Heb 11 of the OT saints -- but that did not mean "Satan was bound"."

Then does it mean he reigned and roamed free?